Whyte 129 Works

Th3P
Th3P Posts: 91
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hello all

Used to be a member but think my account must have been deleted due to inactivity.

Anyway I'm back!

I currently ride a Whyte 2011 901 that's been largely upgraded and I absolutely love the bike but I'm looking to add a full susser to my line up, I've been for a ride on the 129 works and loved the bike I wanted to see if anyone can give some feedback on them or point anything else worth a look.

I'm open to 29er or 650b please don't start a wheel war!

I'm just after some honest feedback, I also took a fancy to Norco Killer B 2 but struggling to find any, Any other bikes you suggest I organise a test ride or for up to 2.5k?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Th3P
    Sorry just realised I didn't explain my typical routes/rides.

I ride locally midweek on fairly easy routes with odd blast through woods, single track for fitness.
    Then weekends I make a thing of going to decent trail centre's Dalby, Lee Quarry, Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and odd routes that appear in MBUK
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    I've got the 129 on my short list, also looking at the Specialized Camber Evo just needs a dropper but still in your price range, worth o look/demo.
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    i have the t129s which i use at various trail centres and off piste for me its more than enough the reba fork is excellent as is the monarch rear shock i couldnt see the point of the works plus i dont rate the fox fork on the works .
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Th3P
    Thanks for the responses.
    Always had RS but I did prefer rear Fox when I tested that being said I'm now struggling to find any in stock!
    I'll have a look at the Camber now

The works for me is more the stoppers and the evo evo, have Elixirs at the moment and seem real hit and miss going to bleed them tomorrow, I've found EBC gold with Elixir work well together
  • Th3P
    So many nice 29ers also seem to be some great bargains spec wise on Canyon site but lead times for delivery seem to be a 'good' month!!
  • Th3P
    Just like to say a thanks for those who responded had a second test ride and bought it, Its first proper run out tomorrow to Lakes

22xnrk.jpg