Spectral al 29er

DB100
DB100 Posts: 258
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Was all set to buy the 2014 Canyon Spectral al 29, did the usual measuring tools and came up medium. All my other bkes are medium roughly. I then read a review in WMB that states the Spectral is really short. Now totally confused??? The video on the review, the rider states if your a taller rider over six foot then you'll struggle but if you're "shorter like me" you'll be okay. Well how tall is he??? Are we expected to guess?? What a totally rubbish review, if you state an issue then clarify. What sort of a statement is "if you're shorter, like me" come on WMB. Clarify please. They criticise the measuring tool but then give no specifics, other than if you're tall.
Now I have the order on hold because the tool states medium but having read the review I am now unsure.
I am 5' 10" by the way. Any clarification or advice appreciated :D

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Email Canyon, they are good at this sort if thing. (Said small for me on my Nerve on the PPS, that felt wrong so I emailed Canyon who agreed medium was correct).
  • iLukeKendall
    iLukeKendall Posts: 160
    As above - I've not contacted Canyon myself before, but I hear they have great customer service.
    Whyte 29-CS • Canyon Ultimate • #CCWMTB • Strava Profile
  • gazcarsf1
    gazcarsf1 Posts: 130
    I have a spectral al 8.0 (27.5) my hight is 5,11, with a 32" leg.
    The size guide said medium for me, I also phoned canyon who said the medium would be fine.
    Size is spot on for me (med), don't feel cramped on it, enjoying it
    Cube reaction gtc race 2011 26er, Canyon spectral al 8.0 2014, cube reaction gtc race 2015 29er
    How much for that!!!!!
  • DB100
    DB100 Posts: 258
    Gazcarsf1 wrote:
    I have a spectral al 8.0 (27.5) my hight is 5,11, with a 32" leg.
    The size guide said medium for me, I also phoned canyon who said the medium would be fine.
    Size is spot on for me (med), don't feel cramped on it, enjoying it

Thank you for this sound and informative answer, I will go for the medium. Greatly appreciated :D:D