Mavic Notch Helmet

jizzleb
jizzleb Posts: 135
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Currently have a fox flux helmet, it's a bit old now and I've always found it quite heavy and not very low profile. I also have a Spesh Road Helmet which is the other extreme, weights nothing but would like a bit more coverage on the back for trail days.

In the market for a new one. Did get to try on a mavic notch which seemed a good fit, low weight etc. Anyone got one of these or recommend something similar?
Canyon Nerve XC
Spec Allez
GT XCR SingleSpeed
GT Dyno

Comments

• marcus'73
    marcus'73 Posts: 41
    I've had a Mavic Notch for about a year, it replaced a Fox Striker I smashed. The Mavic is a better fit for me and the pads are easier to wash and refit, but it can get really hot compared to the Fox- to the point sweat runs out of it on long rides if you lean forward to pick something up, in a normal riding postion the pads seem to keep most of it out of your face but it can get a little unpleasant. I got it as it looks like it would provide more protection, but to be fair the Striker saved me from anything worse than grazes and bruising after going OTB in a rock garden so it was worth every penny.