Action cam at aldi

40ish
40ish Posts: 31
edited May 2014 in MTB general
For sale for £44.99 from thurs 15th, comes with waterproof case,helmet mount,memory card and upTo 90 mins recording time. I know it's cheap and chearful but most electricals from aldi are quite good and not everybody can afford or want to pay £300 plus for go-pros!!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2014
    My knowledge when it comes to cameras is quite poor

But does that Aldi gopro look any good on paper? I fancy getting a helmet cam but if I can get something nearly as good as an expensive one for a fraction of the price..
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    There are identical looking cameras on ebay for half the money. No idea if they're any good, mind.
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    Has anyone got one of these, is the picture any good. Can you get a handlebar mount. Any other decent cameras round this price elsewhere? Cheers.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    philcubed wrote:
    Has anyone got one of these, is the picture any good.
    For 45 quid the image is likely to be pretty poor but, then again, for posting up on YouTube, how good does it need to be?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    philcubed wrote:
    Has anyone got one of these, is the picture any good.
    For 45 quid the image is likely to be pretty poor but, then again, for posting up on YouTube, how good does it need to be?
    Exactly - because nobody cares about random rubbish Youtube stuff.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • reformedfatty
    reformedfatty Posts: 543
    Interesting.. time to review some 720p videos on youtube to see if it's worth doing... not sure what I'd use it for yet as I am not a riding god.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Just remember your rides, rather than videoing them.

This was you can remember the ride to be better than it actually was.
  • Angus Young
    Interesting.. time to review some 720p videos on youtube to see if it's worth doing... not sure what I'd use it for yet as I am not a riding god.

Well, you could always speed it up by 30% to make it look as if you're really killing it!
  • cooldad

Well, you could always speed it up by 30% to make it look as if you're really killing it!
    Whilst playing Benny Hill.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    cooldad wrote:

You need to go to 47% for that.
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:

You need to go to 47% for that.
    I defer to your expertise. I was too busy watching the jiggly bits.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    I think I might give one a go. For 45 quid, who cares! If it's crap I'll give it to my 8 year old. Sure she won't mind if it's not CinemaScope.
  • Prowlus
    Prowlus Posts: 539
    May buy it but only as a rear view camera to complement the front mounted gopros
  • allthegearnoidea
    allthegearnoidea Posts: 4,077
    I bought one last feb for £35 from a drop shoip agent here, came woith a myriad of mounts, and the case, they have a few issues, mostly the microswitches are rted it, the waterproof case buttons also have thin pins through the shafts to hold them in, but they can vibrate out easily, a dab of super glue sorts that,
    They were also sold under vivitar through argos for £99 and poloroid for £60, the poloroid has splashes of bright orange on it, both had all the mounts too, but, they are flimsy! ;-)
    Footage wise, its pretty decent on a body or lid mount, not bad as a seatpost mount facing either forward or backwards, not really gopro quality, but its not gopro price! Can still make pretty decent little vids,
    They are available online for 35 and less,

Bit of footage from mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAaRQkNvfJc
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Angus Young
    Thanks for posting footage. Plenty good enough for YouTubing or just playing back on your 'puter.