single clamp lock on grips

Cqc
Cqc Posts: 951
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hiya, as in the title I'm looking for some single clamp lock on grips- i.e. Just the clamp on the inside, after my excellent dual clamp nukeproof grips have worn out, and was wondering what options are out there apart from half Nelsons which are a bit pricy. Thanks

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Charge griddles, specialized, hopes, renthals
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Charge - look blisteringly grippy-ouch
    Hope and renthal- too expensive
    Specialized- one of them looks quite good.
    Thanks so far mate, and just so everyone knows I don't want half wafile. Anything else out there?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Half nelsons are meant to be awesome, though I'm currently a fan of the new Easton carbon friendly lock ons. Come in either a thick or thin size and while they're twin clamps the rubber (well technically elastametric polyurethane) goes over the clamps and I've found them super comfy and I tend to ride with my hands right on the end of the bars. Seem to be lasted really well too, had a few rides on them and the still look like they have just come out of the packet. IMO it's better to spend a little more on grips as they tend to last longer and are better quality. ODI have just launched an Arran Gwin signature model with only one clamp, could also be worth a look.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    FWIW Half nelsns are the business. Specialized ones are good too, and pretty cheap, but they dont last that well.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    DMR loccd are secure, super-soft and grippy. Can't comment on durability yet, as i haven't used them much.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dmr- ... -prod69054
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Bontrager make some pretty nice ones.

ESI's are pretty good too. They're slip on grips but they never ever budge and are super easy to install and remove when you know how (takes the right size bar plug and a little IPA to install and some zip ties to remove them). The only problem with them is you have to leave them for about a day to stick to the bar properly so not as quick as lock ons.