23 vs 25 radius difference

martinperry
martinperry Posts: 127
edited May 2014 in Workshop
Probably been done before - sorry!
Does anyone know the ACTUAL difference in radius between a GP4000s 23 and a GP 4 season 25?
Im thinking of changing tyres for the Chiltern 100 which I understand has some pretty shitty surfaces - problem is ive only got about 3-4mm clearance on the seat tube :evil:

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Does anyone know the ACTUAL difference in radius between a GP4000s 23 and a GP 4 season 25?
    Im thinking of changing tyres for the Chiltern 100 which I understand has some pretty sh!tty surfaces - problem is ive only got about 3-4mm clearance on the seat tube :evil:

LOL is that the Wiggle jobby starting in Wycombe? Roads here in Bucks are generally atrocious. Watch out for low flying Red Kites as well (wider tyres won't be much help with them, but if it helps they do tend to view Campagnolo-equipped bikes more favourably :lol: )

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Given that GP4000S runs large and GP4 Season runs small (or correct?) it's probably not much!
  • martinperry
    martinperry Posts: 127
    SecretSam wrote:
    Im thinking of changing tyres for the Chiltern 100 which I understand has some pretty sh!tty surfaces - problem is ive only got about 3-4mm clearance on the seat tube :evil:

LOL is that the Wiggle jobby starting in Wycombe? Roads here in Bucks are generally atrocious. Watch out for low flying Red Kites as well (wider tyres won't be much help with them, but if it helps they do tend to view Campagnolo-equipped bikes more favourably :lol: )

No - actually the Human Race one at end of month starting at Bovingdon
    Beast of a route!
    http://connect.garmin.com/course/embed/5518642

Mark - thanks - that was what I was hoping to hear - will probably flash the cash!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    SecretSam wrote:

No - actually the Human Race one at end of month starting at Bovingdon
    Beast of a route!
    http://connect.garmin.com/course/embed/5518642

Mark - thanks - that was what I was hoping to hear - will probably flash the cash!

Oh my word, I think they've used ALL the hills in the Chilterns for that one!
    Still, going down Kop Hill will make up for having to go up Whiteleaf (assuming it's that way round!!!!!). If you touch the brakes on Kop Hill you're officially a big pansy :lol: 50mph is the minimum target :P

It's just a hill. Get over it.