Kos Cycling

SHAWPYE
SHAWPYE Posts: 85
edited May 2014 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

I'm going to Kos later this month and considering taking my road bike. Does anyone have experience of the roads in Kos? Well maintained? Safe?

I have tried to find a hire company instead of taking my bike but all I can find is MTB.

Thanks
Shaw

Comments

• nestiejohn
    nestiejohn Posts: 12
    Hi, I have done a couple of summer seasons in Kos and had my mountain bike with me. The roads are ok but there are a lot of dead ends. There is no circuit road round the island and one major road that runs the north of the Island which is fast with lots of turn offs (driven on by frappe drinking, roll up smoking greeks). The road gets quieter at either end of the island so if you're based in Psalidi (East) there is a road that runs up to the natural springs, it's a dead end but a nice hilly route. If you're near Kefalos or Kardamena (West) the roads are nice with some decent climbs but you have to expect to come back the same way. I was there last summer and saw a group of roadies out so maybe there is more there than I know about. Good luck!
  • SHAWPYE
    SHAWPYE Posts: 85
    Thanks for the advice. Based on what you have said I think I will just hire a MTB while I'm out there