Forum home Road cycling forum Cyclocross

XN Pro, Jet or what?

ugo.santaluciaugo.santalucia Posts: 26,121
edited May 2014 in Cyclocross
I think my Vittoria XN PRO have another 3-4 months left in them, then it'll be time for a new set of hard pack /gravel tyres. I really love the XN and currently run them tubeless.
I'd be tempted to buy more of the same, but I am aware Michelin Jet and the filed thread Schwalbe Sammy Slick get good reviews too. On the other hand the Vittoria have 150 TPI vs 60 TPI of the others.
I need something tubeless convertible, so the Grifo XS are out... any idea?
Requirements are 30-32, fast, light, supple, happy to be tubeless

• tgotbtgotb Posts: 4,714
    Clement LAS?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • mattjevansmattjevans Posts: 253
    Sidenote - are Clement made by Tufo or do I recall that incorrectly?
  • ugo.santaluciaugo.santalucia Posts: 26,121
    TGOTB wrote:
    Clement LAS?

Look nice, do they go tubeless? And more importantly, does anyone actually stock them in the UK?
    Any real difference with the Vittoria, they look identical...?
  • SJS have them http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/clement-las- ... e-700-(622)-prod31857/?geoc=us

I've set up the PDX to run tubeless with stans tape on A23 rims, they never really sealed perfectly around the rim but were fine in use until I tore the sidewall whilst riding some MTB trails.
  • ugo.santaluciaugo.santalucia Posts: 26,121
    SJS have them http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/clement-las- ... e-700-(622)-prod31857/?geoc=us

I've set up the PDX to run tubeless with stans tape on A23 rims, they never really sealed perfectly around the rim but were fine in use until I tore the sidewall whilst riding some MTB trails.

Yeah, I did a bit of reading and seems many people have found them a difficult seal... seeing they look exactly the same as the XN and my XN sealed perfectly, they seem a bit of a downgrade.

Anyone has any experience with the Jet or the Sammy Slick?
  • tgotbtgotb Posts: 4,714
    TGOTB wrote:
    Clement LAS?

Look nice, do they go tubeless? And more importantly, does anyone actually stock them in the UK?
    Any real difference with the Vittoria, they look identical...?
    I raced the first third of last season on Vittoria XG Pro, and the remainder of the season on Clement PDX, both with Iron Cross rims. From a sealing/tubeless perspective, both performed very well (much better than the previous season's XG Pro on Excellight). The two treads are obviously not comparable, but the Clements felt a lot more supple.

Hargroves usually have stock of Clement, as do Bike24 (not UK, but very quick/cheap delivery).
    Pannier, 120rpm.