Wednesday Addam's Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Keep waking up before my alarm. This is not ok.

Work is slowly getting busier before the summer, where my minions leave me. That won't be fun (though it might be).

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Feeling better than I should, day one of the resident us saw me switching to shorts after way too many pints :(

Now time for a quick run and then some real work before the fun of day 2
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Still feeling shoot, didnt get any disco buscuits like Yehaa advised me too yesterday, seems they are harder to come by nowadays?
    Today will be hiding at my desk and not going to the city as No1 minion has thrown a sickie.

Nice relaxing fettle on the bike last night turned into a nightmare when the head of the brake pad retaining bolt first rounded off, then broke off. luckily i'm skilful and saved the day, but still need to purchase said bolt.

Anywhoo onwards to more coffees
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning deviants,

A good night sleep in shitty old travel lodge. The ex took the mattress when she moved out and my new bed isn't getting delivered until next week so I've been sleeping on an inflatable mattress, like camping in my own house. Nice to seep in an actual bed!

Day 2 of working in London, 12 hour shift then train back to Notts as moving house tomorrow.

Hopefully the hot Swedish girl is working again today. And no, I'm not taking pics. Yet.

Laters!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    ste_t wrote:
    And no, I'm not taking pics. Yet.
    Theres rules about this, and POIDH
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    And no, I'm not taking pics. Yet.
    Theres rules about this, and POIDH

Indeed. It is only day 2 and I'm there for 5 weeks, don't want to scare them off yet!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning spunkbubblers,
    Hopefully today will be a better day than yesterday. I told the whorehouse manager this morning he should be more careful as two members of staff have now popped their clogs on his watch.
    Had to re-fit the dishwasher before I left the house this morning. Off to the hospital this afternoon to have a big needle full of steroids and other gloop stuck into my shoulder to try and free up the joint. Hopefully there will be a nurse with large thrup's to distract me whilst they do the deed.
    I think I might drink some beer later to help ease the pain.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning bum fudgers,

Found a decent place for a real ale and burger last night called "the cask", only had 2 said ale because im a good boy. Other than this im really tired today reckon its all the polution they have here compared to home ;)

Still out of the office onto the train for 4.15 back to the good country.

laters
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Meh.

Slow drive into work today as running on a stupid space saver.

Puncture yesterday - turned out to be a cracked alloy. Bo!!ocks

Dealer wants £220 + VAT for a new wheel. No doubt charge to swap the tyre too. May have a look on eBay

A guy at work has suggested getting it repaired. Is this wise with an alloy wheel? (Crack is about 1 inch on the inside of the rim)
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    BigAl wrote:
    (Crack is about 1 inch on the inside of the rim)
    I'll give you a 1 inch crack in the side of your rim!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    BigAl wrote:
    (Crack is about 1 inch on the inside of the rim)
    I'll give you a 1 inch crack in the side of your rim!

You havent got a good 1inch on you!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    BigAl wrote:
    A guy at work has suggested getting it repaired. Is this wise with an alloy wheel? (Crack is about 1 inch on the inside of the rim)
    Yes, very good idea, please make sure to edit your will to leave me your bikes before doing it though, this is to ensure your bikes go to a good and loving home should the worst happen, a bike is for life and not just for Christmas!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Mehday.

Out for free food and beer shortly. That is all.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]