Wilier GTR

Andyh4324
Andyh4324 Posts: 58
edited September 2014 in Your road bikes
Wilier GTR
Campagnolo Veloce

Just replaced my 2012 Trek 1.1 with something a bit more stylish. Had a quick spin last night and it rides really nicely.

13937798887_03700ce505_c.jpg

13937832488_f568b409c6_c.jpg

13937772797_280de3b49f_c.jpg

Shifters: Campagnolo Veloce
Calipers: Wilier branded FSA Gossamer
Front Mech: Campagnolo veloce
Rear Mech: Campagnolo Veloce
Seat: Selle Italia X1
Seat Post: Wilier branded FSA SL280
Bars: Wilier branded FSA Omega Compact
Stem: 3T ATX-Pro
Cranks: Wilier branded FSA Gossamer
Chainring(s): 50-34
Cassette: 12-25
Pedals: Shimano 105 SPD-SL
Wheels: Miche GTR 1

Wheels will be replaced with my Fulcrum Racing 5's when the freehub turns up to convert them to Campagnolo.

Comments

• Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Really do like the paint scheme on this ... Had my nose over the 105 version recently :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • theobrixton
    theobrixton Posts: 92
    Sweet looking bike! Bars could be turned down a fraction, but perhaps it's more comfortable for you in that position? And is that a reflector or a light on the back? If the former, get rid of it.
  • Andyh4324
    Sweet looking bike! Bars could be turned down a fraction, but perhaps it's more comfortable for you in that position? And is that a reflector or a light on the back? If the former, get rid of it.
    Yeah reflector will probably go (although you probably won't like the small saddle bag I put on for rides!). I havn't ridden it enough to fine tune the set-up yet so will keep the bars in mind.

Philly8mt wrote:
    Really do like the paint scheme on this ... Had my nose over the 105 version recently :)
    They had both versions in the shop but I just really liked the Campagnolo hood shape.
  • mekong_velo
    mekong_velo Posts: 102
    Nice looking bike, Wilier do some very nice steeds.

Agree rear reflector has to go.

Enjoy !
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    Very nice great colour scheme.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Lovely.

Why the rush to get rid of the Miche wheelset for the Fulcrums? Miche make very, very nice kit, very reliable, easily serviced, light. At least one of those doesn't apply to the Fulcrums (which I had on my Izoard).
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Andyh4324
    Lovely.

Why the rush to get rid of the Miche wheelset for the Fulcrums? Miche make very, very nice kit, very reliable, easily serviced, light. At least one of those doesn't apply to the Fulcrums (which I had on my Izoard).

Not rushing to replace the wheels but I do happen to have the Fulcrums spare at the moment. I tried to research the Miche wheels but cannot find any reference to this model so I assumed they are like many standard fit wheels and a bit indifferent. It's good to know you like Miche wheels though, and maybe i'll give them a chance.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    A number of the wheelbuilders on here will recommend Miche hubs to go in their builds if you don't want to spend Record/DA/Chris King type money. The wheelbuild you have will have a decent enough rim, some good "normal" spokes and be light, strong and reliable enough to do a good job for you. Should the worst happen and a spoke break or a hub get a bit squeaky then you'll be able to simply drop a normal spoke or a decent quality bearing in to replace/repair it and be going again cheaply. None of that applies to the Fulcrum which needs special spokes (wait until you see the price) and a friendly LBS that won't just go "nah, sorry haven't got the time for those" to repair.

http://www.miche.it/en/home Proper Italian kit on a proper Italian bike!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • buddy_wr11
    buddy_wr11 Posts: 21
    I pick mine up Friday with Fulcrum 5 wheels. :D

Miche got a good mention by the sales guy but just fancied something different.
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    If anyones after one of these have a look at Math Salden or Bellatis they are mega cheap, ultegra 11 spec at Math salden is £1460 approx and the centaur one is £1255 at Bellatisport, bought off both and they are great , Bellati can do you a great deal
    last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    That's a great price for a stunning looking bike

Matt
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    lovely...
  • Congrats on your purchase....Wilier just do the nicest looking bikes out there... :D
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Splash of green is lovely, very classy
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • buddy_wr11
    buddy_wr11 Posts: 21
    Went out for the first time on mine today. Seems quite a quick bike to me - after sorting my position out did 37 miles in the hills and went well apart from the cables rattling on the stem annoyingly. A tie wrap should keep the cables away from the stem/ handlebars.
  • Andycar82
    Andycar82 Posts: 129
    Lovely, got the same with a few upgrades ... https://imageshack.com/my/images
    Wilier GTR and Italian Tifosi Stalion
  • limoneboy wrote:
    If anyones after one of these have a look at Math Salden or Bellatis they are mega cheap, ultegra 11 spec at Math salden is £1460 approx and the centaur one is £1255 at Bellatisport, bought off both and they are great , Bellati can do you a great deal

been looking at importing from italy or bellatisport .. can you recommend bellatisport.. my concern is there say i may need to pay import duty tax ?
    Any advise ?
  • My new Zero 9 is arriving tomorrow from Math Salden in Holland - superb customer service, superb price, no problems to swap bits and pieces as I wanted...and only 10 Euro delivery charge to the UK (with no import taxes etc!!)

Roll on tomorrow...Ill post some pics once she's here..... :D