Cycling near Javea, Spain

pedalbasher
pedalbasher Posts: 215
edited June 2014 in Tour & expedition
I am hoping to squeeze in 2 or 3 rides whilst staying with my girlfriend's family in Javea in September.

Has anybody ridden in the area? I'd be really grateful for any route recommendations.

Subject to permission from the gf, I'm thinking perhaps one all-dayer and two half-dayers i.e. 1 x upto 100 miles, 2 x upto 60 or 70 miles. Hilly routes preferred!

Will be taking my bike with me as I'm then heading across to Mallorca for some further riding with mates, so no need for hire suggestions etc.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• lambkin
    lambkin Posts: 16
    You'll need a local map to plan your routes but this area (inland) is popular for the Tour of Spain. A half dayer would go up to Lliber on to Parcent over the Coll de Rates, Tarbena, Castell de Castells & back to Parcent via Benegembla. The road from Castell to Famorca, Fageca & on to Quatretondeta is a great get away ride & opens up the interior for various return trips for a full day ride. You should be aware once off the coast you will soon be into the mountains, with little traffic . I have based myself at Famorca, up in the hills, and both walking & cycling is great.