Sink Of Da Mayo

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited May 2014 in The cake stop
... do you guys celebrate Cinco de Mayo? After all, it's an opportunity for community sanctioned drinking in the US (and I suspect, Mexico...)! And what about mayonnaise. Is it popular in the UK?

Comments

• I love a big dollop
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Salad cream all the way for me.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Salad cream all the way for me.

Salad cream is satans jizz :twisted:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Salad Cream preference is a sign of a deprived upbringing.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nathancom wrote:

:lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    nathancom wrote:

Mmmmm salad cream butties, not had one of those for a few years. :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Akirasho wrote:
    ... do you guys celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

Nah.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    No, but I did have my first ever burrito the other day. It was in Asda's "food which won't quite kill you yet" section and with 20 minutes to go before closing time, they'd reduced the price of 2 from £3 to 20p for 2. So 10p for a burrito was a bit of a bargain.

It wasn't bad, although I'm sure it was just a very pale imitation of the real thing.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    johnfinch wrote:
    No, but I did have my first ever burrito the other day. It was in Asda's "food which won't quite kill you yet" section and with 20 minutes to go before closing time, they'd reduced the price of 2 from £3 to 20p for 2. So 10p for a burrito was a bit of a bargain.

It wasn't bad, although I'm sure it was just a very pale imitation of the real thing.

Are you one of the tw@ts that hang around waiting for stuff to be reduced to giveaway prices at the end of the day? :lol:
    A lad at the local Asda was shocked when he was reducing stuff to find a bloke throw himself over the entire shelf of reductions, complaining that the lad was standing in the wrong place, thereby causing him to be disadvantaged.
    Wasn't you was it? :lol:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Ballysmate wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Are you one of the tw@ts that hang around waiting for stuff to be reduced to giveaway prices at the end of the day? :lol:
    A lad at the local Asda was shocked when he was reducing stuff to find a bloke throw himself over the entire shelf of reductions, complaining that the lad was standing in the wrong place, thereby causing him to be disadvantaged.

Usually I kick anyone standing between me and the delicious Asda bargains out of the way. God, I love that wonderful, nutritious "chosen by you" food. :roll:
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    johnfinch wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Usually I kick anyone standing between me and the delicious Asda bargains out of the way. God, I love that wonderful, nutritious "chosen by you" food. :roll:

ASDA and delicious aren't 2 words I would put together. Had the unfortunate pleasure of visiting one in Roehampton the other day, awful experience, it was like a zombie apocalypse film.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    I only celebrate Iban Mayo.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Cinco de mayo, a fantastic track by the band War. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    You get to drink beer and eat Mexican food while celebrating a victory over the French? Sounds like it would do pretty well over here if any of us had ever heard of it.