Gears playing up on two cogs only

wideboy
wideboy Posts: 206
edited May 2014 in Workshop
I'm alittle confused as to why my shimano ultegra 6870 di2 11 speed rear gears seem to be making a slight clicking noise on load on the 4&5 cogs but perfectly fine on all others higher and lower? Any thoughts on what might be going on, or a possible fix? Kind regards.

Comments

• Its probably that those sprockets have worn out before the rest of the cassette, they are in the middle so chances are they're two of the most used ones.

Is your chain worn out btw? Your chain will wear out long before your sprockets but if you let it get too worn out then it will massively increase the wear on your sprockets and chain rings and could mean that you need to replace all of them at once
  • wideboy
    wideboy Posts: 206
    This is the thing the bike is new and has only covered 500 miles. Its not skipping or jumping just alittle clicking in those two cogs. Runs perfect in all others?
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Check the cables isn't frayed or sticking somewhere; that's what it was for me
  • Sawilson
    Sawilson Posts: 171
    Check the cables isn't frayed or sticking somewhere; that's what it was for me

Di2 :roll:
    Just Kidding !

Specailized Roubaix Comp 2014
    Lapierre Zesty 2011
    Garmin 510