Right, back to work people!

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning fools,

Today is first day of new job (yay,) but doing all my training in London (boo.) Far too early for this nonsense, feel I've still got a good 3 hours kip in me.

Laters

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Moanin

Not a true back to work as off to a residential for the MBA, but luckily I will still be working throughout :(

Bright side - alcohol will be consumed
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Mehning Losers!

After my extended weekend, I'm having to force myself to get up to speed today. We have a hectic 2 weeks ahead of us as well, which isn't a nice thought.

Car is currently in the garage getting new rear discs and pads, so I have the 'hire car'.... I'll be glad to get mine back!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I've been on hoilday for the last 2 weeks, plus Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday, back to work now :(
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning mongs,

I'm now a part time Londoner, I'm already starting to feel like an ass hat...

In other news i love my new bike its so sweet!

laters
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Still have the plague, Meh.
    Brian i wont be up town until friday so no drinkies for me.
    You changed them dam tyres yet?

Been arranging interviews for new minions today, there really are some arse clowns out there.

Toodles.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Those tyres are actualy really good im impressed by them :)
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Tuesday morning, back to work. Have big presentation to pull together. Struggling to get in the flow of it at the moment. Knackered my Achilles tendon this weekend, becoming a reoccurring injury. Think i need to go to the doctors and book in a proper bike fit session. God i hate getting old, its only a bad thing. You get more work and more pressure, your fear and self preservation sets it, meaning a 6" drop off is like a small cliff and finally your body starts to fall to bits. Whats even worse is i am only mid 30's......
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Russyh wrote:
    Tuesday morning, back to work. Have big presentation to pull together. Struggling to get in the flow of it at the moment. Knackered my Achilles tendon this weekend, becoming a reoccurring injury. Think i need to go to the doctors and book in a proper bike fit session. God i hate getting old, its only a bad thing. You get more work and more pressure, your fear and self preservation sets it, meaning a 6" drop off is like a small cliff and finally your body starts to fall to bits. Whats even worse is i am only mid 30's......
    Give it another 10 years, it gets worse. Another weekend of DIY with man flu for added discomfort and I can barely move. Everything hurts today.
    If it's any consolation hangovers seem to get worse too. That's why MattH never sobers up long enough to get one.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Man i know all about the hangovers, last time i was drunk i was sick all day. I hadn't event drunk huge volume! So recently i have stopped drinking altogether.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work. In charge. Life sucks.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    afternoon all,

work has gone quick today, but I haven't actually got most of what I needed to do done.

but the bike is in the car and I'm off to FoD after work, well, In exactly 40 mins 8)

laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Went down to London for some shopping this morning, while I was out I got a call from the LBS to say that... the CAAAAAAAAD 10 had arrived. This made me happy so I hurried around and rushed home to collect it. Just need to build it now, oh and buy all the bits for it too. May be a few weeks though before that starts to happen :cry:

Tonight involves getting drunk with the hockey team. Win.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Evening bumders,

First day of new job went well and prospectively bagged myself a promotion already. I was kind of looking forward to being someone's minion but I'm sure I'll cope with being the boss.

Conversely if you ever have the chance to stay at the Kings Cross Travel lodge, just say no. I've stayed in some shitholes in my time but fark me this place is grim.

Laters
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Russyh wrote:
    Give it another 10 years, it gets worse. Another weekend of DIY with man flu for added discomfort and I can barely move. Everything hurts today.
    If it's any consolation hangovers seem to get worse too. That's why MattH never sobers up long enough to get one.

You don't have to tell me, had man flu and was coughing so much I put my back into spasm :(

Back pain and man flu is not a good combination, even the wife felt sorry for me :D

I had achilles pain on both ankles from mountain biking on my new MTB and after moving the saddle forward a fair bit never had it again. Have a read on bike fit / setup there is some good stuff on the web. Some of it is over the top head down road bike stuff but alot is very useful.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    I'm now a part time Londoner, I'm already starting to feel like an ass hat...
    Some people just don't know how lucky they are...

Evening Mongs,

Back to road pedalling today and the skin on my elbows is starting to grow back after last weeks argument with a van. Tomorrow is free dinner and grog after work and no long walks as the tube strike is off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]