Help with Assos Bib Shorts Sizing.

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying myself some Assos Bib Shorts for the summer, but need help in the sizing if possible please,
I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Not sure if this helps but I'm 6'1", 36" waist, 43" chest and 85kg (ahem should be 75kg...) and I've been wearing xl for years.

Peter
  • Brynd
    Brynd Posts: 39
    I’m ½” taller, 33” waist, weigh 72kg and the LargeT.neoPro_s7 is just right for us, if not just a little loose. On the Assos sizing chart you’re in between medium and large. As you’re lighter I would go with the medium.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Same height with 10kg on you and I wear medium...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • designman
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Is Assos sizing consistent throughout the range.
  • wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    designman wrote:
    Looking at buying myself some Assos Bib Shorts for the summer, but need help in the sizing if possible please,
    I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
    Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

I'm 6', 39/40 inch waist and recently got a pair of XL Unos which are a really nice fit so I reckon you would be medium if you want a proper snug fit.
  • bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    edited May 2014
    I'm an inch shorter and a 2 kilos heavier. I wear size small for s5 and s7. I have both the new S7 cento and equipe models. The cento is extremely comfortable and a more relaxed fit. The cento is a tight racing fit. The assos website says if in doubt to go a size smaller. The s7 is so much more comfortable than the old s5 !!!

Sorry I meant the equipe is a tight racing fit...
  • designman
    What is the difference between the "Assos T_Pro Bib Short_s2" and the S5 / S7 Range?
    Is it quality?
  • in-rainbows
    in-rainbows Posts: 46
    Im just under 5' 11", similar weight, 30" waist and have medium s7's. Could have gotten away with a small. If you have chunky thighs I'd go for medium.
  • bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    I think the s2 are very old model. The S5 are I believe now discontinued in favour of the s7. The s7 are uber high end and expensive. I'm guessing the s2 are much cheaper....
  • I have both the s5 and equipe s7 bibs. I'm 5'7", about 147 lb, and I wear medium. They are both superb bibs, with the new s7 the most comfortable I've owned.