Advice from the racers......and 810 troubles!

robharper87
robharper87 Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I'll keep it short and sweet. I'm racing as a 3rd Cat and I am looking at changing bikes. I am getting a Canyon, that I am certain of. For the spec I want, my wallet will not stretch towards the higher end Carbon Frames.

I like the look of the Ultimate AL SLX 9.0 with force 22. I am not worried about the weight as I am 80KG myself and don't compete on the hillier circuits. I'll take the hit on road buzz too!

The question is will that bike handle a heavy bloke sprinting hard??

Whilst I am already boring you, I may as well talk about my 810. How do I set the average speed I wish to achieve for a course? Mine gives me a percentage?

Also if I make a course from my house but, for example, the local chaingang leaves and joins that course after a mile or so, will the 810 recognise this and start the course or will it cause a meltdown?

Oh and I have one more ABSOLUTE SCHOOLBOY question, I have noticed, after switching from speedplay to look keo's that the inside of both my shoes are rubbing on the cranks when I make a hard effort. Because the float is fixed I can only think my cleat position is off?

I tried talking all this through with my wife but she didn't seem overly interested, especially when I started talking about new bikes!!!

Thanks in advance, Rob

Comments

• The Ultimate AL will take all abuse you want to give it including 'getting the power down' or any other saddle sniffing activities your partake in. If no stock then a CAAD 10 with similar build will fit the bill.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles