Embankment Action

mtb-idle
mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
edited May 2014 in Commuting chat
Here's some footage of my commute home on Friday featuring action from Canary Wharf, Embankment, NKR, Putney Bridge, Wimbledon Common and home edited in a hopefully entertaining way.

The Passenger

Hope you enjoy it.
FCN = 4

Comments

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Excellent stuff Idle - our paths must cross occassionally as I ride Epsom to Holborn and back which is usually CS7 but sometimes Embankment/Putney Bridge too.

Not sure I would fancy riding through the Blackfriars Underpass though!

Safe riding.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    I did; thanks- in particular the soundtrack and the run along Parkside and Southside.
    Without wishing to turn it into a rant, do you need to pay greater attention in the suburban section than the City part?
  • mtb-idle
    thanks guys. I would say that in the suburbs cars are less aware of cyclists than in London (including greater London). A markedly different approach once i get south of Morden
    FCN = 4
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I enjoyed it, and well played for showing the bad aspects of your riding as well as the good. Like the wrong way round the mini roundabout at 3:53. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Oof that bar tape needs some TLC fella :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Enjoyed that - reminded me of the good old days. Thanks for sharing.
  • mtb-idle
    itboffin wrote:
    Oof that bar tape needs some TLC fella :wink:

yeah, yeah I know. seems like every time i replace it I get a mechanical shortly thereafter and crud all over my hands or gloves or both and it all ends up on the tape... :cry:
    FCN = 4
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    God I'm glad I don't have a commute like that, kudos to you London lot. What is the red thing on the top of your forks?
  • mtb-idle
    God I'm glad I don't have a commute like that, kudos to you London lot. What is the red thing on the top of your forks?

It's a building tag which is required for the secure parking area (although they never seem to check it)
    FCN = 4