Rockshox warranty timescale

Goggs-san
Goggs-san Posts: 36
edited May 2014 in MTB general
Looking for some input from anybody who's had dealings with warranty claims from rockshox. Sent my pike fork away to chain reaction and was told claims are usually handled within 2-3 weeks.

Could live with 2 weeks but 3 is going to be neat for me so may have to source another fork. Understand the whole postage thing will add time on . Am I dreaming that it could be one of those times when they tell you a timescale and it's tied up within a few days ?.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Two to three weeks sounds about right - they have to send them off to get fixed, so four postage times, plus repair time and bits of delay.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Do they still go back to Fishers? It took them 6 weeks to change an o-ring in my Pikes a few years ago.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • Goggs-san
    Goggs-san Posts: 36
    Thanks for the reply guys. Actually sent it away on the 23rd of April. But got a response on the 1st of May saying it would take 2-3 weeks. Thought it might be a generic email that everyone with a claim receives.

Squeeky bum time then or an expensive delay.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    It's currently a 4 working day turn around with SRAM Tech Centre, figure everyone using 48 hour couriers and that today was a Bank Holiday. I would expect to see the forks back around the end of this week