New kit!

wellbeloved747
wellbeloved747 Posts: 406
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I after some new kit so what do you guys recommend?

Shoes:
Like the sidi ergo 3? And I tried out the boa system and I think I would like that but not to bothered, would quite like some bright yellow ones :D like the magic ones, so what do you guys recommend?

Pedals:
Speed plays seems the most obvious choice? Any people disagree?

Helmet?
Nothing to fancy, quite like the Kashmir but the sky decals make it garish, il looking at a matt black cat eye that's nice, what are these like?

Lights:
Not a clue with these, small compact and rechargeable please only to get me home safely.

Bib shorts:
Pretty stare but good quality, flicked through a rose bikes catalogue and theirs look good vale any other recommendations?

Saddle:
We'll how do I find what's best? Any good brands I had a specilaized henge 143mm that was comfortable so I'm thinking a specilaized toupe 143mm?

Another small things I should bother with? Got a box of jerseys :D all recommendations are appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I after some new kit so what do you guys recommend?

Shoes:
    DMT Prisma Team

Pedals:
    Speedplay Zero stainless.

Helmet?
    Kask Mojito

Bib shorts/Jerseys:
    Castelli, Assos, Sportful

Saddle:
    Fizik Arione Versus

Matt

There you go, but kit is all subjective. What can you afford, what fits, how much do you need etc etc?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Twice as long as half its length.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • DiscoBoy wrote:
    Meaning?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    Meaning?

How long is a piece of string.

Some peoples feet fit Sidis and some do not. To me they look like shoes a Power Ranger would wear.....
    Some people like Speedplays, others think they are very expensive for no obvious tangible benefit. I'd only bother with Speedplays if I actually had problems with the cheaper options.
    Some peoples heads fit some helmets, others do not etc etc

Mostly, you are asking advice about stuff that only you can find out if it will work for you. The only thing you can guarantee with these questions is that the answers will be mostly meaningless in your particular case. With the exception of the one about the lights. But even then, you haven't made it clear if you just need to be seen or whether you need to see by them.
    Faster than a tent.......