fork problems

challengedavid
challengedavid Posts: 273
edited May 2014 in Workshop
hi

currently have a 2009 board-man team hybrid

have purchased a carbon fork for it, a boardman hybrid fork, but the tube is flared at the crown

unfortunately they do not fit, the crown is larger than the current forks and the lower headset wont fit

what do i need to get them to fit

thanks
rb4Rknm.jpg?1

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Interesting picture.

Buy the correct forks?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Interesting picture.

Buy the correct forks?

picture updated

more like buy a proper headset?

can anyone offer the right advice please thanks
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ok so what crown will not fit! The one off the old fork? And is is... To big or small?

What is the frame headset sizes?
    And the new fork sizes!

Or if you don't know provide links to what you have and what you bought.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    Do the forks fit the frame ok? I'd be slightly worried they won't if the crown is larger.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Without seeing the specs, I'd guess the old frame had a straight 1 1/8" steerer, but the new one is tapered (bottom bearing is 1 1/4". In which case, you either need to buy a different fork or a different frame.
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    nicklouse wrote:
    Interesting picture.

Buy the correct forks?

picture updated

Yes, the right advice is that you have bought a fork with a tapered steerer and your frame has a parallel head tube. In other words, you have bought the wrong fork for your frame. You cannot make it fit so take it back and get the correct one.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Interesting picture.

Buy the correct forks?

picture updated

Yes, the right advice is that you have bought a fork with a tapered steerer and your frame has a parallel head tube. In other words, you have bought the wrong fork for your frame. You cannot make it fit so take it back and get the correct one.

yes thats spot on, they are 1 1/4" at the bottom and my frame takes a 1 1/8"

thanks guys