Stage Fright

2»

Comments

• willow71uk
    willow71uk Posts: 114
    I rode up Bwlch Penbarras last year and i'm a terrible climber but i got up this no problem, it's a long drag but not too overly steep so just spin away and do it at your pace. Just be careful on the descent it very steep in parts and watch for the bend half way down.

Edit; Iv'e just looked at the route again and your going the opposite way up Bwlch Panberras...good luck with that it's quite steep in places Kudos if you do it.
  • jackk1992
    jackk1992 Posts: 141
    willow71uk wrote:
    Iv'e just looked at the route again and your going the opposite way up Bwlch Panberras...good luck with that it's quite steep in places Kudos if you do it.

You made me feel better about it then....and then I read this part and just made my heart sink haha! :P
    2013 Mondraker Foxy XR MS Mountain Bike
    Giant TCR-1 Custom Road Bike
    2013 Merida Big Nine TFS 500
    2015 Merida Ride 4000

"Because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion"
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    If you can do an average 100ft per mile then you can do pretty much anything. You can decide afterwards whether you would be better off with a compact 34/28 or a 39/32 when you tackle the longer ones...
  • jackk1992
    Done a few rides on it now, and getting used to the gearing. I think ill be fine with what I've got tbh. I think my money needs to be spent on my stem... my neck hurts after a ride sometimes think I just need to bring the handlebars up abit.
    2015 Merida Ride 4000

• jackk1992
    Ride Complete.... WOW
    2015 Merida Ride 4000

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    jackk1992 wrote:
    Ride Complete.... WOW

Well done, how did it go?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    :D:D:D Top effort :D:D:D
  • jackk1992
    It was good fun, really enjoyed it! Evans planned the event very well, an the directions out on the road where top notch, no doubt about where you were expected to go! My main problems were my new clip ins that I decided to buy 4days before the event (never ever tried them before) tried them on 2 training rides on the run up to bed them in, but i hadnt really need to clip in and out on these training rides. When I came to the event on sunday though, I did need to clip in and out more....needless to say....this didnt go to plan. I fell over it on the starting line and also at the bottom of moel famua but its a learning curve. But this shows a big positive to our sport as there was plenty of people to help me get my bike off from on top of me with no (obvious) laughs or cheers (although i wouldn't have blamed them, it was pretty funny)

Definitely got the Cycling Event bug now though, signing up to another two today and I have another one this sunday coming up. Without a doubt it wont be as hard as the hilly one evens put together yesterday though.

All in all, the event was a big success and i was amazed at how well Evans organised the whole event. Can't wait to get myself to the next one now.
    2015 Merida Ride 4000

• dilatory
    dilatory Posts: 565
    Presumably given your location you're doing the Etape?
  • jackk1992
    Whats the Etape? :)
    2015 Merida Ride 4000

• dilatory
    dilatory Posts: 565
    Ah, figured this would be your event for Sunday! www.etapeeryri.com/
  • jackk1992
    No, its not that one. but it looks good!
    2015 Merida Ride 4000