Converting old bits to new frame, need some help.

jakesaunders27
jakesaunders27 Posts: 9
edited May 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
I hope someone here can help me, my Boardman Comp FS 2010 frame unfortunately snapped today, so I've been looking at new frames and think the Nukeproof Snap 4X would be a good option as I don't really need a full suspension (although if anyone thinks another frame would be better please say!).

As I said my bike is a Boardman Comp FS 2010 and the specs are here:

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/boardman/mtb-fs-comp-2010

I'm having a bit of trouble working out whether the current stuff on my bike will fit the Nukeproof. I would like to upgrade some parts in the future anyway but for now money only allows the frame.

If someone maybe could have a look and see if the parts will fit that would be great, or point me in the direction of stuff I need to check if it fits.

Thanks!

Jake

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Make a list of all the part, and sizes, and compare.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    What type of riding are you planing to do? The Snap 4x is quite a specific type of frame.
  • Yes gone off it after more research and now looking at the Santa Cruz Chameleon, I do generally trail riding, so looking for an all mountain frame.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Shouldn't you be looking at a trail frame, not a longer travel AM one?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.