Extended Weekend Morning Thread Volume I

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

I don't know why I'm awake. I have no reason for being awake at this time. I was supposed to be off riding the Dyfi Enduro this weekend. Instead I'm off to the farm to weigh lambs later this morning. The rather knobish the people I'm doing these project with have both buggered off on holiday, well if they want the data from today (which is going to be quite crucial data it turns out) they're going to have to pay for it :evil:

After this there will be some bikes at some point hopefully, oh and some drinking too I hope.

TTFN

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    beaten to it by a minute :(

Mornin

Yeahaaaaaa long w.end to make up for a car crash week at work, topped off by the current wife's job being put under threat of redundancy yesterday - its going to be hard to replace her job as its so flexible around the kids :(

Today was meant to be a ride over to Ludlow and then a ride that would have had Stevo laughing at me for years............... Instead who knows as the wife has a mini melt down and avoids spending any cash!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Off to Winfields today with some friends as we're off camping in a few weeks and need some equipment. Gotta love Winfields!
    Then I might be off to Preston or Liverpool later to look at motorbikes. The one I've wanted for the last 4 weeks sold yesterday morning! I'm gutted :(

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Morning all,
    Mildly hung over as I was bought beer, dinner and more beer by the company. This mostly consisted of talking bollox.
    Weekend of DIY slightly out of phase as I can't be arsed today.
    Sorry to hear about the current wife Matt. Should you consider an upgrade? We've been through a few years of this with my Mrs so I understand the issues. An upgrade may be best in the long term.
    Saying that my Mrs took redundancy, then went back to her old job as a temp. She now has her old job back as part of a new structure they've put in. This is how councils save money. :?
    Have fun folks.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning team,

Unfortunately/fortunately there is still spiced rum on the island of Cyprus despite my best effort! Got home last night, crocked jet should fly home next week.

Matt H, i think team CC should be involved in your interview process for your next Mrs!

Hope all have the weekend they deserve, mine will not involve too much booze, or maybe it will.

Pip pip!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    matthew h wrote:
    beaten to it by a minute :(

Mornin

Yeahaaaaaa long w.end to make up for a car crash week at work, topped off by the current wife's job being put under threat of redundancy yesterday - its going to be hard to replace her job as its so flexible around the kids :(

Today was meant to be a ride over to Ludlow and then a ride that would have had Stevo laughing at me for years............... Instead who knows as the wife has a mini melt down and avoids spending any cash!
    Don't worry, I'll laugh at you anyway....actually bummer about the job situation, but if it gets her to spend less you could end up better off? :)

Afternoon mongs,

Got a few aches and pains after 2 days MTB'ing and DH'ing in Wales. Luckily work seemed to be pretty quiet while I was away so a weekend of dossing beckons if I can avoid the wife enough...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]