Disc brake adapter for 2007 boxxer race forks

Zaarg
Zaarg Posts: 29
edited May 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, looking for help with buying a direct mount head stem for 07 boxxers. What size should I be looking for? Got one from eBay, but it is too wide. Anyone know what I'm looking for. Cheers.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Zaarg wrote:
    Hi, looking for help with buying a direct mount head stem for 07 boxxers. What size should I be looking for? Got one from eBay, but it is too wide. Anyone know what I'm looking for. Cheers.
    So what are you asking?

Buy one for a 2007 boxer.

What did you buy?

Why did it not fit?

What top crown are you running?

Have you measured the hole positions and checked against what is available?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Zaarg
    Hi, thanks for the reply. The bolt holes are 40mm wide centre2centre.
    There're are 4 bolt holes back to front. The outer ones are 5ocm apart. The inner ones are 30mm apart. Bought a "standard boxxer" stem that is 50mm wide and thus 10mm too wide.

What are the chances of finding the narrower fit? Will there be adapters available?
  • Zaarg
    Hi, I need to find a disc brake adapter that will allow me to run Shimano m615 disc brakes on a set of 2007 boxxer forks.

I found these: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_273955

but I'm not sure if they will work.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
  • Zaarg
    I should add, I'm looking to run a 203mm rotor.
  • nicklouse
    I repeat my questions.

Answer them and you might get the right info.

Pictures will help.

As if you bought the correct mount it will fit. As you say it does not then either you have not bought the correct mount or your fork is not a 2007 boxer or has had parts changed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Zaarg
    Hi, sorry if I am being daft here, but I was posting about disc brake adapters this time, so I don't really understand why the post about head stems has been quoted. I had found a solution to the stem issue, so I didn't want to waste anyone's time by continuing the thread about stems.

My question this time was about what sort of adapter I need to fit Shimano M615 disc brake callipers (that are 74mm post mounts) to the boxxer forks, which seem to be 51 IS mounts. I was just hoping someone cold confirm this for me, an whether I need a boxxer specific adapter, or if any post to IS adapter will work. I also wondered if say, I could use a hope adapter even though the callipers are shimano?
  • nicklouse
    Ok my bad but still giving all the info at the time is really needed.

And you still need a boxxer mount to post mount for 203 discs.

And as the post mount is a standard most work fine without the need of a file.
  • Zaarg
    Cheers bud. I'm only just learning the specs and I guess I keep underestimating the complexity of the range of component options. Thanks for your help.