Trying to make my hybrid more comfy

iand-83
iand-83 Posts: 132
edited May 2014 in Workshop
Looking for a few ideas what I can do to my Specialized Sirrus to make it a bit more comfy for commuting. So far have decided to change the saddle as the standard one isn't very comfy at all. Also thinking about changing from the standard 28c tyres to something a hit wider like 32/35c as there seems to be ample room. Would this work as these tyres seem to have a lower max rated pressure of around 60/70psi over 120psi for my current tyres.

Comments

• Change the grips to Ergo grips, the ones with more rest support on the base of the hands.
  • spankwilder
    spankwilder Posts: 169
    Tyres are a good shout, suspension seat post?, adjustable stem and the mentioned ergon grips are good
  • I would certainly recommend the Ergon grips. I have the GP1s (http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/gp1) on a mountain bike that only ever goes on roads (for use when it's just not road bike weather) and I wouldn't go back to standard grips now.
  • iand-83
    Cheers will look for those grips. I think my mum might of actually just brought some for her bike which I fitted the other day.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    What pressure are you running the tyres? - try 80-90psi rather than 120.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    120psi is too high even for 23mm. For 28mm it's madness. Should be more like 80-90psi.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Mine lives in the lounge and I gave it a cushion what else could it need? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • iand-83
    Currently running the tyres around 100psi will drop them to about 80psi and see how it goes.
  • mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    Try setting the tyre pressure according to the 15% drop guideline. Depending on how heavy you are, you might find that even 80psi is higher than they need to be.