DOGMA

WarlKicken
WarlKicken Posts: 224
edited May 2014 in Road general
Damn I want one :)

I have a lovely ROKH but can't but feel I should have kept saving and held out. :^(
«1

Comments

  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,230
    Why?
    To join the herd of Sky Team kitted Dogma riders on the loose when the banks are closed?
    left the forum March 2023
  • WarlKicken
    WarlKicken Posts: 224
    Why?
    To join the herd of Sky Team kitted Dogma riders on the loose when the banks are closed?

    I think they're incredibly sexy looking pieces of machinery :^)
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,230
    Looking back at the great bicycle designs, I don't think the Dogma would even feature in the top 100
    left the forum March 2023
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Are you a dentist?
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • WarlKicken
    WarlKicken Posts: 224
    Stock broker. Actually. So go back to making my coffee and riding your tricycle.

    Haha, kidding. I just think it is delicious!!
  • I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:
  • WarlKicken
    WarlKicken Posts: 224
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    No flaming, just....well, sir...instead of a Fourth, think of me. :) I have a ROKH I can swap and I am a dab hand at most thing I put my mind to....
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    Looking back at the great bicycle designs, I don't think the Dogma would even feature in the top 100

    Is there such a thing, I'd like to see it if there is ? No I would honestly
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    edited April 2014
    Which one are you thinking of ?

    There is the original (carbon Dogma) 60.1, they then changed the geometry a bit for the Dogma 2 (which comes in an electric or mechanical specific frame) and the current model is the 65.1 Think 2 which is lighter than the 2 and takes both mechanical and electric groupsets. Little has changed between last year and this year on the Think 2 except on the colour schemes - some have been dropped and others added.

    There are a few 60.1 and 2s still kicking around at reasonable discounts and you can get last year's colours in the Think 2 at a bit of a discount.

    Quite an aggressive geometry, despite the dentists reputation, or maybe dentists are actually quite supple !

    They are very much a marmite frame. High on bling, unless you go with the BoB colour scheme.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,230
    avababy24 wrote:
    Looking back at the great bicycle designs, I don't think the Dogma would even feature in the top 100

    Is there such a thing, I'd like to see it if there is ? No I would honestly

    There are many publications about bicycle design. This is a nice one if you appreciate bicycles

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyclepedia-Tour ... 0500515581
    left the forum March 2023
  • WarlKicken
    WarlKicken Posts: 224
    Mccaria wrote:
    Which one are you thinking of ?

    There is the original (carbon Dogma) 60.1, they then changed the geometry a bit for the Dogma 2 (which comes in an electric or mechanical specific frame) and the current model is the 65.1 Think 2 which is lighter than the 2 and takes both mechanical and electric groupsets. Little has changed between last year and this year on the Think 2 except on the colour schemes - some have been dropped and others added.

    There are a few 60.1 and 2s still kicking around at reasonable discounts and you can get last year's colours in the Think 2 at a bit of a discount.

    Quite an aggressive geometry, despite the dentists reputation, or maybe dentists are actually quite supple !

    They are very much a marmite frame. High on bling, unless you go with the BoB colour scheme.

    Dentist just have the tooth capacity to withstand some of the enamel shattering roads in our lovely country....
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    It's ugly, heavy and already outdated. If you want it get it, but if ever there were a stupid tax on a bike...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    If someone gave me a Dogma I'd strip it down and sell the frame, awful looking frame which looks neither modern or classic.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Current Rokh is less of a moose than the Dogma and at least people won't look at it and assume you got it from China for £299 plus taxes. ;)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The Dogma is such an ugly child, even it's parents would struggle to love it :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    yeah Have to agree along with the Spesh its ugly as poo.

    Straight lines and skinny is in now, fat curves are so 2012
  • Have to admit, I seriously looked at getting one, before screwing my head back on and buying a Domane.

    I like em. And I`m an ugly tattooed rigger, not a dentist. :D
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    I've also got 2.
  • WarlKicken
    WarlKicken Posts: 224
    feltkuota wrote:
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    I've also got 2.

    Will someone bloody sell me one....give me good price
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    As someone who once had two of the same bike, what is the point (excluding cross)?
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    Grill wrote:
    As someone who once had two of the same bike, what is the point (excluding cross)?

    One of mine is Cavendish's team sky world champ bike in black.Think one of only three made for him. Ridden it once! I did however like it so much I bought another for normal use...
  • feltkuota wrote:
    Grill wrote:
    As someone who once had two of the same bike, what is the point (excluding cross)?

    One of mine is Cavendish's team sky world champ bike in black.Think one of only three made for him. Ridden it once! I did however like it so much I bought another for normal use...

    Thread closed….
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    WarlKicken wrote:
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    No flaming, just....well, sir...instead of a Fourth, think of me. :) I have a ROKH I can swap and I am a dab hand at most thing I put my mind to....

    Can you explain what you mean by this and why you felt the need to write it?
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • WarlKicken
    WarlKicken Posts: 224
    Joeblack wrote:
    WarlKicken wrote:
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    No flaming, just....well, sir...instead of a Fourth, think of me. :) I have a ROKH I can swap and I am a dab hand at most thing I put my mind to....

    Can you explain what you mean by this and why you felt the need to write it?

    Well, I meant that I can swap my ROKH in exchange for one of said mentioned DOGMA's that the chap owns, and also throw in some handy work as money isn't something easy available.

    I felt I needed to write it as a begging plea to get a DOGMA in my life, and, well, this my thread....
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    WarlKicken wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    I've also got 2.

    Will someone bloody sell me one....give me good price

    Welcome to the playroom...

    dnym9t0k
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    For that money I would easily take a Look 695, my favourite looking bike
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Why it looks terrible.
  • JSCL wrote:
    WarlKicken wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    I've also got 2.

    Will someone bloody sell me one....give me good price

    Welcome to the playroom...

    dnym9t0k

    Any of those for sale by chance ???? Can never have too many Dogma's and I've been after a BCF colour for a while
  • WarlKicken
    WarlKicken Posts: 224
    JSCL wrote:
    WarlKicken wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:
    I've got 2 with a 3rd on the way :wink:

    I await a flaming.................. :oops:

    I've also got 2.

    Will someone bloody sell me one....give me good price

    Welcome to the playroom...

    dnym9t0k

    This is a wonderful, wonderful sight. I am shedding a single tear of joy at this moment. If there is a BoB or naked, Think2 in a 53...think I'll start my own build.

    Also, I mean, if you were to say...I duno, look the other way for a couple of minutes. I'd be an honest thief and only take my share....
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Suuuurely that's a stack of fakes to be being treated like that?!

    If not then that would be quite worrying to a potential buyer, good job it's just a bunch of Dogmucks and not a bunch of nice frames.