Ricco

2»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    I was looking at it from a WADA/CONI point of view, you're looking at it from the police point of view.

He is no longer an athlete... it would be stupid of them to waste resources in a case against Ricco'. It would have no grounds. It could be done as a retaliation, ban him for life, just in case he wants to make a comeback as a mid life crisis and ban his offspring too... but it's about time these agencies give up retaliation and focus on current matters.
    It was the police that caught him as part of a drug dealing operation. It wasn't anything to do with anti-doping agencies.

That's why I was looking at it from the Police point of view and not sport justice... :shock:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Perhaps he was picking it up for his Missus
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    He has to be the thickest f*ck ever to ride a bike.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    RichN95 wrote:
    I was looking at it from a WADA/CONI point of view, you're looking at it from the police point of view.

He is no longer an athlete... it would be stupid of them to waste resources in a case against Ricco'. It would have no grounds. It could be done as a retaliation, ban him for life, just in case he wants to make a comeback as a mid life crisis and ban his offspring too... but it's about time these agencies give up retaliation and focus on current matters.

CONI are going after a 2y 8 mo ban for Savoldelli, so yeah, I think they'd be 'happy' to go after Ricco
  • Richmond Racer
    Garry H wrote:

As a contender for his epitaph...winner winner chicken dinner
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    People like to use phrases like "doping is illegal under Italian/French law" but its harder to find out exactly what that means in terms of supply, purchasing, possession, use etc.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I agree with Ugo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

It was the police that caught him as part of a drug dealing operation. It wasn't anything to do with anti-doping agencies.

That's why I was looking at it from the Police point of view and not sport justice... :shock:
    But you said it was about 'agencies' and 'retaliation' and a need to 'focus on current matters'.

This is just a routine drugs bust. Just like hundreds of others every day. This one just happened to involve someone famous.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    What we need to remember is this clearly demonstrates that having orange hair will blacken your heart.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    iainf72 wrote:
    What we need to remember is this clearly demonstrates that having orange hair will blacken your heart.

You saying there's no hope for a depressed ginger?

Bleak.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    The_Boy wrote:
    I reckon he is just a front man for Cipo's steroids et al.
    mario.png

That pic needs the music from the Salice ads.

LMAO.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Garry H wrote:

As a contender for his epitaph...winner winner chicken dinner

Think he may need it sooner rather than later if he keeps up with these shenanigans, unfortunately.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

You saying there's no hope for a depressed ginger?

Bleak.

No. He's saying: dye your hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    “I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, the matter has nothing to do with me,” Riccò said according to ANSA.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-i ... wrong-time
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    iainf72 wrote:

What, even the Fighting Buddhist?
  • Richmond Racer
    “I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, the matter has nothing to do with me,” Riccò said according to ANSA.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-i ... wrong-time

Whilst having €1,170 on him for a trip to Macdonalds

Now its entirely possible that Chris Horner could consume that value of Maccy D's, but that's a whole different story
  • frenchfighter

lol. And it is not like he is flush with cash in any case. He probably saved all year for that 1k.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Has he been busted for anything drug related today? It helps to keep on top of his antics.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

What you have to understand is it was a trip to McDonalds in Norway. €1,170 would just about get you a Big Mac, fries and a coke in Norway, but you could forget about super sizing.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    The money wasn't his, he was holding it for a freind... in his coat pocket. Keeping it warm I 'spect.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    RichN95 wrote:
    Maybe one day people will realise the idea that there's always a newer better drug is cow poo.

Gotta question that. Legal drugs are always getting better. Legal, being drugs developed to help people with any number of problems. You seem to be saying that taking steroids, epo, and many other assorted drugs that you won't go faster. I say you will. To say that some of the concoctions that some riders take doesn't help them is crazy.
    I'll agree that by taking some or most of this stuff you're running a very unhealthy risk to yourself but they will help you ride faster, build more muscle, improve your endurance. Drugs help people in just about every sport. Sure, they may not be "permitted" in your sport of choice(or any sport for that matter) but they are used reguardless and with success. Most of these drugs have valid medical uses. One day you or I may be glad that EPO or whatever is around because we may need it. You seem to blame drugs for cyclings problems. I don't buy that. Greedy and shady people
    trying to make free and easy money are the root cause, not drugs.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dennis didn't read or understand what Rich said. Again

We all know EPO works very well. It's been around for a while, and it's still the best product. If you knew anything about doping you'd know there are constant rumours of new experimental drugs that are super. But don't work or exist.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    iainf72 wrote:

We all know EPO works very well. It's been around for a while, and it's still the best product. If you knew anything about doping you'd know there are constant rumours of new experimental drugs that are super. But don't work or exist.

I love the way he managed to spin a huge hypothetical standpoint for Rich that basically culminated in something like "drugs are evil, even in medical context".

I think we should just agree with dennis and take every opportunity to berate Rich for holding such a monumentally insane view. In fact, I think we should pad out Rich's position for him, seeing as he seems unwilling to articulate it himself. Personally I think the position I've crafted for Rich, that the entirety of modern medicine should be replaced with homeopathy and crystal healing, is just utterly moronic, and I'd have expected better of him. Sorry Rich, but next time you're ill you'll be glad the doctor doesn't prescribe you a glass of water and a trip to the geological museum.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Meanwhile Radio Headgear would like to dedicate this next track to Ricco, we've all been there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zPqgQ67yo
  • Sjaak
    Sjaak Posts: 99
    For those unaware, the gist of the story is that he is dealing and trafficking PEDs for another italian rider. So, any ideas?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Sjaak wrote:
    For those unaware, the gist of the story is that he is dealing and trafficking PEDs for another italian rider. So, any ideas?
    Some old pro from 10 years ago called Matteo Cappe. He's 37 and does Gran Fondos.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sjaak wrote:
    Some old pro from 10 years ago called Matteo Cappe. He's 37 and does Gran Fondos.

Gotta question that. Who made YOU the expert on big fondus? You seem to blame 70's themed dinner parties for cyclings problems. I don't buy that. Greedy and shady people trying to make cheese melty are the root cause, not drugs.
    :roll:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    iainf72 wrote:

We all know EPO works very well. It's been around for a while, and it's still the best product. If you knew anything about next time you're ill you'll be glad the doctor doesn't prescribe you a glass of water and a trip to the geological museum.

Remember reading about a Dr who was imprisoned in Iran when the Ayotollas came to power, without meds there were seemingly very few ailments among his fellow prisoners that couldn't be treated with rock salt and water. That said if I were ever ill, I'd take the modern western form of quackery over any other kind. Nothing new about oxygen vector boosting, Gastone Nencini was up to it long before wonderboy was born.
  • Richmond Racer
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sjaak wrote:

Gotta question that. Who made YOU the expert on big fondus? You seem to blame 70's themed dinner parties for cyclings problems. I don't buy that. Greedy and shady people trying to make cheese melty are the root cause, not drugs.
    :roll:

Rich once watched Abigail's Party and its totally ruined cycling for him ever since