Help me to lose weight please.

2»

Comments

• YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    The saddle seems pretty hefty at 290g. You should be able to save 100, maybe up to 150g on that.
  • littledove44
    littledove44 Posts: 871
    YIMan wrote:
    The saddle seems pretty hefty at 290g. You should be able to save 100, maybe up to 150g on that.
    Yes, that would be nice, but having tried a dozen saddles to find one that I was happy with I have settled on one that is so comfy I never even think about it. As they are no longer made I have bought three to ensure my comfort forever.

So, I will have to live with the 290g or start all over again on the hunt which I would hate to do.
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    YIMan wrote:
    Yes, that would be nice, but having tried a dozen saddles to find one that I was happy with I have settled on one that is so comfy I never even think about it. As they are no longer made I have bought three to ensure my comfort forever.

So, I will have to live with the 290g or start all over again on the hunt which I would hate to do.

Yeah good point, I've been through many different saddles myself but have settled (I think) on weighty (240g) Charge Spoon/Scoops on my bikes. I hate to think what sitting on a 150g saddle would feel like!
  • littledove44
    littledove44 Posts: 871
    I have discovered that letting the air out of the tyres saves 18g. Is this taking it all a little too far?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I have discovered that letting the air out of the tyres saves 18g. Is this taking it all a little too far?

Not at all, use helium or hydrogen if you like playing with fire
    left the forum March 2023