Blog post number N

johnboy183
johnboy183 Posts: 832
edited April 2014 in Road general
Big big decision to follow your dream. Bigger and harder decision to end it! Well done for both. Best of luck with wherever eyour career goes, maybe back to a racer one day.

In the meantime, can I have your fitness and old mojo please? Currently sadly lacking in both...

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Good effort and the rgiht decision if you're not enjoying it.

Come home, get a job and take all your local strava koms
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Well done chasing the dream and good luck in the next step when you come home. Enjoy that last race.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Courage mon brave...
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    So did i read on here somewhere are you going to be an accountant now instead or was that someone else?
  • borisface
    borisface Posts: 273
    I can sympathise with you as I went to France to try my luck in 1990 and got thoroughly pasted every week. Like you, it didn't take me long to realise that there were some hugely talented riders out there, in my case, someone you may have heard of... Laurent Jalabert, and a batch of really strong Polish riders. I came back when my knee went wrong and eventually after uni became an accountant. But believe me if you think that training is boring wait till you meet your colleagues!

Funnily enough, I'm now living in Portugal and riding my bike most days 3-400k a week and do the odd granfondo. You may come to realise that you can have fun riding and racing a bike, just try not to take it too seriously. Its only a game.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    well done for being decisive and coming to terms with your feelings, lots more fun to be had out of life - enjoy!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Difficult choice to make - is 5 months enough time to come to that decision? Only you know ..

One thing I've always said though - if you don't enjoy your job, then get a different one.

Just don't come stravering all around my neck of the woods .... ;)
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    You probably did go to the most competitive U23 scene in the world. Even the GB Academy lads struggled at first. It's not good mentally taking a kicking week in week out, especially when you're fit! Good luck with the new career