My Carrera Vulcan

danvannoorden
danvannoorden Posts: 36
edited May 2014 in Your mountain bikes
I know once you've seen one standard vulcan you've seen them all but i LOVE my new purchase.

Feels solidly built and rides like a dream, fits me perfect.

14062850642_b093cf7927_m.jpg

14086059063_8a264d274f_m.jpg

14062850882_ba34f1ebb2_m.jpg

Will update pics when I get my city jet tyers on and my gold rotors :)
DVN

Comments

• evohicks
    evohicks Posts: 4
    Nice one, the one thing different from the others is its 'Yours' :)
    Enjoy your new bike!
  • Yes evohicks definitely! I would like to get it sprayed a different colour so it does not look the same as so many others.

I'm enjoying every ride so far :D
    DVN
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    A mate of mine bought one of these to start doing leisurely rides on....

The fork has been swapped for a budget rockshox fork (the factory ones stopped working), the bars swapped for renthal fat bars (the factory one were too narrow for him) and he got rid of the crankset for a shimano deore hollowtech 2 with bash guard and a superstar lower chain device (he got it cheap 2nd hand because his factory bottom bracket died). He now has a perfectly capable bike for the trails that most of the group ride much more expensive bikes on! The only thing he isn't happy with now are the brakes (just not very strong).

My point it, this bike is a fantastic budget platform. With a few upgrades to very budget parts it will do you proud.
  • My wife has one of these, it must be mid 2000s, its a Womans fit version, 16inch frame... and besides the Tekro Cable Discs (I have had better V-Brakes/Even Cantis) I like messing about on it.

Not sure what it is, could be the small frame/geometry, but its playful. I would dearly love to give it a few upgrades and shave a few pounds of it, but she doesnt ride it enough to justify the cost.

Certainly a very capable and usable machine.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Please post in the Carrera HT thread (link in sig) and for a rather extreme Carrera check out the first link in my sig!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.