Advice please on a Wiggle order that arrived damaged

odessouky
odessouky Posts: 264
edited May 2014 in Road general
I had posted here that I received a carbon road bike from wiggle last week that arrived broken.

It has been very difficult to get any speedy response from wiggle, and I am at a loss how to go about solving this and would love some feedback please?

I placed the order on the 16th and it arrived damaged on the 22nd, on Tuesday just after Easter bank holiday.

I sent them the pics of damage and finally on Friday received an email that UK mail has accepted that they damaged the bike and they will send a replacement, but they will send a new box, then arrange pickup, then check the bike, then ship out a new one.

I replied asking for a timeframe for this. This was last Friday.

I haven't heard back since?

I am just sat wondering WHEN any of this will happen?

It's been 3 days and I haven't heard back, and I am growing very frustrated?

What can I do?

Or am I being unreasonable in expecting a little more urgency?

It's been 13 days since I ordered my bike, and it's still boxed in my house?

Many thanks

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'm sure that pinarello001 will be along soon to offer some advice :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    I read the previous thread that was locked for some reason, why was that? No you are not being unreasonable the worst thing about Wiggle is the lack of a contact number. I don't do social media but have you tried facebook, twitter etc ? Have you recieved the new box yet?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Plodder73 wrote:
    I read the previous thread that was locked for some reason, why was that? No you are not being unreasonable the worst thing about Wiggle is the lack of a contact number. I don't do social media but have you tried facebook, twitter etc ? Have you recieved the new box yet?

Someone said something naughty didn't they Piña :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • odessouky wrote:

What can I do?

Keep asking advise on the internet, then ignore said advise. :D
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • odessouky
    Plodder73 wrote:

I messaged the moderators as to why my thread was locked explaining that I was seeking genuine help about solving this matter. I did not get a reply.

As for the new box, NOTHING?

Last Friday I was told that they will sort it, but when, exact process, time frame, dates etc...nothing.

Radio silence since last Friday.

I am sick and tired of using the chat system...and seriously am confused about what to do next?

Can I ride the bike with the crack in the fame till they sort it out?

I had to participate in a charity ride in my hospital last weekend (where I work) and couldn't because of this problem.

I have a few dates coming up as well, soon, and again have no idea wether I will have a bike to participate?
  • string78
    string78 Posts: 59
    I've just gone through a warranty claim with Wiggle for a cracked frame. All my communication I have always had response to my emails within 24 hours, usually within a couple of hours. I did not use the online chat facility but made original contact via the online customer form. All dialogue since has been done via sales@wiggle.co.uk address - it might be worth trying them on that.

Once initial photos had been sent across to inspect the damage they promptly sent out a box to collect the bike. It was collected within 24 hours. Being a warranty claim it took some time to get resolved but have today received the bike back. I did have to chase a few times but replies were always dealt with relatively promptly.

Fingers crossed you get it resolved soon.
  • odessouky
    string78 wrote:
    I've just gone through a warranty claim with Wiggle for a cracked frame. All my communication I have always had response to my emails within 24 hours, usually within a couple of hours. I did not use the online chat facility but made original contact via the online customer form. All dialogue since has been done via sales@wiggle.co.uk address - it might be worth trying them on that.

Once initial photos had been sent across to inspect the damage they promptly sent out a box to collect the bike. It was collected within 24 hours. Being a warranty claim it took some time to get resolved but have today received the bike back. I did have to chase a few times but replies were always dealt with relatively promptly.

Fingers crossed you get it resolved soon.

That's the same exact email I am using.

I even have a named person who replied to me first on Tuesday asking for the pics, then Friday telling me he will send a new box. Haven't heard from him or wiggle since last Friday though.
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    If you work in a hospital, surely you know all about lengthy delays, broken promises, and so on.

Personally, I think you're expectations are unrealistic. You had contact with them on Friday...it's only Tuesday today. That's only one working day. They clearly have a lot of items damaged in the post (I've had stuff arrive from Wiggle that looked like it had fallen out of the delivery van on the motorway), so yours isn't the only thing they have to deal with.

A a bit of patience might help. It's frustrating, but it does seem like Wiggle are doing their best to solve your issue.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    odessouky wrote:
    Plodder73 wrote:

I messaged the moderators as to why my thread was locked explaining that I was seeking genuine help about solving this matter. I did not get a reply.

As for the new box, NOTHING?

Last Friday I was told that they will sort it, but when, exact process, time frame, dates etc...nothing.

Radio silence since last Friday.

I am sick and tired of using the chat system...and seriously am confused about what to do next?

Can I ride the bike with the crack in the fame till they sort it out?

I had to participate in a charity ride in my hospital last weekend (where I work) and couldn't because of this problem.

I have a few dates coming up as well, soon, and again have no idea wether I will have a bike to participate?

Have you tried Facebook and even better, Twitter? A lot of these companies react a lot better in the social media platforms than they do on forums, which are a bit more old school :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Personally I would search LinkedIn and find someone at a reasonable level and contact them.

Or I would ask for a full refund, did you purchase by Credit Card? you might be able to get you card refunded by them, then start to charge Wiggle storage charges :-)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... -purchases

Or wait for the box.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I would contact Watchdog, The Daily Mail, the Office of Fair Trading and your MP. Then once you have done that, I would try and find a number for wiggle using a bit of google power.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • The simplest thing to me seems to be forget about all the email and chat stuff. Use their return form and send the thing back. With online shopping rules you will have no problem,

You did use a credit card didn't you? If they cut up funny, which I doubt they will, you can just dispute the item on the credit card.

In my experience Wiggle mag be slow with problems, but they do the right thing. They are a major retailer and you can expect them to behave absolutely properly in tems of your legal rights. It may be a pain to go through the process slower than you would like, but just be patient.
  • Shaun67
    Shaun67 Posts: 219
    I have also read your posts on your Wiggle purchase. I think Wiggle are out of order and UK Mail need putting to sleep.

I placed an order with Wiggle on Friday for two items totalling £400. I received the usual e-mails and a delivery on Monday. I had the day off on Monday so that was great, at some point on Monday UK Mail delivered my parcel but for some reason didn't knock on my door, they just posted a card and left it on my drive.

Needless to say when I got the card and went looking for my £400 order it was nowhere to be found !!!!

I contacted Wiggle through Facebook and I must say they have been very good. I have received a number of e-mails and even a telephone call. UK Mail claim to have delivered my order at around 10.30am yesterday and by 4.00pm today Wiggle had refunded my money.

Wiggle / UK Mail claim my order was lost with in the postal system ????

UK Mail are a complete set of tw*ts and I will not use Wiggle again while ever they are delivering the parcels.

Contact Wiggle through Facebook, everyone can see everything then and things seem to get done.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    If you paid by credit card, cancel the purchase. Send Wiggle a communication, preferably by recorded delivery, advising them that as they have failed to respond to the original lines of communication you have cancelled the payment, that the bike is now their problem and give them a reasonable period to collect it or you will dispose of it assuming they do not want it due to the damage.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    odessouky wrote:

What can I do?

Keep asking advise on the internet, then ignore said advise. :D

Advise is the verb.

Advice is the noun.

If you are going to be sarcastic you may as well get it right. :D
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    philthy3 wrote:
    If you paid by credit card, cancel the purchase. Send Wiggle a communication, preferably by recorded delivery, advising them that as they have failed to respond to the original lines of communication you have cancelled the payment, that the bike is now their problem and give them a reasonable period to collect it or you will dispose of it assuming they do not want it due to the damage.

Exactly that .

wiggle are taking the piss on communications on this one. that's crap customer service. Quite frankly I'm surprised as I've not had any issue with them myself, but then I've been fortunate not to receive damaged goods.
    I would hope that a damaged bike would be unusual enough for them to jump all over it to get it resolved asap, but perhaps it's that unusual that they don't know what to do ... not good enough anyway.
  • odessouky
    thanks every one for the responses...

unfortunately the bike is £1000, and I bought it through Wiggle finance...so I think returning would be an absolute pain...or is it?

I am not very FACEBOOK or TWITTER savvy...but I'll give it a try tomorrow....

On the response that I am too inpatient and that its been one working day, and I should just chill...

Basically, I've paid for a bike on the 16th, which arrived damaged on the 22, today is almost the 30th, FOURTEEN DAYS LATER, and I am still guessing WHEN and HOW will I receive my replacement bike?

Is that too inpatient..?

I am really starting to think that I am just totally unlucky with this purchase....Wiggle can't be that big if their purchase experience can go this bad....
  • odessouky wrote:
    I bought it through Wiggle finance...so I think returning would be an absolute pain...or is it?

So you haven't actually paid out any money at all?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • StillGoing
    If your location is London, you could always take the road trip to their postal address/office and dump it on them? Alternatively contact your bank and ask them to cancel the direct debit payments immediately explaining that the goods are damaged and you have given Wiggle ample opportunity to rectify the situation. Contact Wiggle and tell them you are doing this due to their inactivity with the issue.

I haven't had any issues with Wiggle other than one member of staff who hadn't got a clue when they sent me someone else's order by mistake and mine went elsewhere. The first staff member was awkward and unresponsive, but the second one sorted everything within hours with a courier arriving the next day with my order and to take away the wrongly delivered order.
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    odessouky wrote:
    On the response that I am too inpatient and that its been one working day, and I should just chill...

Basically, I've paid for a bike on the 16th, which arrived damaged on the 22, today is almost the 30th, FOURTEEN DAYS LATER, and I am still guessing WHEN and HOW will I receive my replacement bike?

Is that too inpatient..?

The bike arrived on the Tuesday 22nd, you contacted them that evening, but were surprised that no one had contacted you by first thing on Wednesday morning (a trifle impatient, I would say). They contact you on Thursday to ask for photos. On Friday they acknowledge your photos and let you know that they will be sending a courier etc. You were then on here again on Tuesday moaning that you hadn't heard any more from them.

I agree that's not ideal, but I don't think that Wiggle are really that out of order. They've had five working days (not FOURTEEN), during which time they had to ascertain whether your complaint is valid, to take up the matter with the delivery company, get a response from the delivery company, get back in touch with you to acknowledge your complaint is legit, and to say what they intended doing about it.

Yes, their communications could be quicker, but as other people have mentioned, it's not unusual for these things to take a few days. I guess it's the price to be paid for buying stuff mail-order.
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Did they say they sent a box or were going to send a box?

Basically they are now waiting for you to send it back if so. I guess the box will come this week.

Such a pain when something like this has happened. But I'm confused now as to where you left it with them.
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    What's the latest with this, is it sorted yet?
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    Whilst it is more than you want, the only time of consideration is the time from when they said they will send a box until now. If they said that Friday it's likely it wasn't processed until Monday. It will be sent the cheapest way. Give it a week. A pain but you have to be reasonable.
  • odessouky
    UPDATE

I'd like to first point out, especially in reply to some of the posts concerning ONLINE purchasing vs LBS, or the unreasonable expectation of getting a PERSONALIZED response from major online vendors:

1- With the right person, you DO get things done, ASAP
    2- Over all, I would still rate my experience as very good, as I bought a well specced bike at a massive bargain.
    3- My LBS is not great, and it's not fun when I walk in, wait for ages to be greeted by someone, who is not exactly busy, then try to get convinced that ALL makes apart from the ones he stock are not great, get a price quote, go home, check the www, and find that he is asking for something like 30-40% over the prices found on the net. Where's the fun in that?
    4- Most of the delivery companies are HIT & MISS, but UK Mail is up there...a truly special delivery company... :)
    5- I was unlucky in 2 things, a delivery guy who was very poor at his job, and another customer support chap who was also poor at his job!!

Any ways, enough with the rant...

Here's my update...

I last posted here on Tuesday...

On wednesday morning, I emailed the same CS guy at Wiggle who had been handling my case...

I opened up live chat while at work....and once I got someone online...just copied and dumped the entire email in the chat box...and closed the thing...

Midday I get an email from another chap...asking for my number...and things just suddenly kicked off...

He called me, apologized, explained that he took over from the guy who was handling my case, who's not available any ways (i suspect a temp over the easter period), tells me that picking up the DAMAGED bike first is silly, and that he is sending a new bike out as we speak, PRIORITY MAIL, for next day delivery, and will arrange a pick up of the damaged bike at a later date at my convenience...

He called me on Wednesday no less that 4 times, over the course of the day, and we had multiple email exchanges, with like 20 minutes between responses.

Bike arrived the next day, and another guy picked up the bike in the evening.

I have more haribos than I would want...and a £15 voucher...

Just happy to be out on the bike...and joining the rides I had planned to do...

Happy ending...

:shock:

IMG_6505.jpg
  • steve6690
    steve6690 Posts: 190
    Glad you got it sorted. The customer service seems to be there but the wheels turn a bit slowly. You get what you pay for I suppose. Enjoy your bike :D
  • StillGoing
    steve6690 wrote:
    Glad you got it sorted. The customer service seems to be there but the wheels turn a bit slowly. You get what you pay for I suppose. Enjoy your bike :D

Thing is they don't. It all depends who you get dealing with your case. Some are good at their job whilst others should be paid with chocolate buttons. I wish I could find the details of the idiot at Wiggle that first said he was going to deal with my case to see if it was the same waste of space. Second guy was as helpful as anyone would have wanted and had everything done and dusted within 24 hours.
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Excellent news OP.
    Guess you just had the wrong people on the case. Now go out and ride !! :)
  • chrisgal
    chrisgal Posts: 130
    Glad it worked out in the end!!
  • deimosjohnny
    deimosjohnny Posts: 135
    Nice bike.