Newbie Question...

tonyhumphreys
tonyhumphreys Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in Commuting general
Hi,

Thinking of going in the Cycle Scheme with work (NHS) and am at a loss as to which bike to choose.

I have been struggling along with my 2003 GT Timberline and currently have a budget of around £450 max.

I do more road riding than anything else but then I'm not averse to the odd rough tracks and lanes. Have recently been recommened to look at VooDoo Marasa Hybrid and the Boardman Performance Hybrid Race Bike. Like the Boardman but have also been told they're over-priced(?)

All advice welcome!

Thanks,

Tony...

Comments

• Squawk
    Squawk Posts: 132
    I have a Trek 7.3FX and commute 10 miles each way daily. Very happy with it, though some of the components are bottom end when you first get it. I upgraded the pedals, cassette and brake pads.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Marasa for any rough stuff, very competant all rounder (just a chnage of tyres and it goes from a rigid 29er MTB to a fast flat barred hybrid very well), I have recommended 2 friends get them, both very happy.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Turns out I can't use Halfords. What about the Giant Roam 2?