My First Century Ride

a.kelly
a.kelly Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in Road general
I took up cycling in February after deciding that running was destroying my knees and caught the bug instantly and today completed my first 100 mile ride in around 6hr 20 min I'm really pleased i made the switch :D:D

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Well done. You must be a competitive type, even if it is just with yourself so next time do it in under 6 hrs! (And so on and so forth).
  • a.kelly
    a.kelly Posts: 6
    Thank you i normally ride on my own was only going out to do around 50 mile the sun was shinning so i thought sod it just wanted to prove to myself that i could do it
  • rnarito
    rnarito Posts: 20
    Congratulations! Great first effort! :D
  • Well done I hope it is the first of many.

I love riding long distance solo none stop.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I'm almost in a Dilemma - took up cycling a little over a year ago, my longest day was a 90 miler last summer, done a fair few 70 odd milers since (most weekends this year in fact), and feel completely capable and confident of hitting 100 miles.... However, I got into Ride London 100 this year and part of me wants to be able to say that it was my first 100 miler!

The real question is whether I can hold out until August to break the 100!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Do some metric double centuries instead, these wont count!
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    TimothyW wrote:
    I'm almost in a Dilemma - took up cycling a little over a year ago, my longest day was a 90 miler last summer, done a fair few 70 odd milers since (most weekends this year in fact), and feel completely capable and confident of hitting 100 miles.... However, I got into Ride London 100 this year and part of me wants to be able to say that it was my first 100 miler!

The real question is whether I can hold out until August to break the 100!
    I think you'll enjoy Ridelondon more with more miles in you if you understand me. I upped my riding before last year and loved it, and am pushing myself on even more for this year
  • nedmoran
    nedmoran Posts: 53
    Excellent achievement. I just completed my first century too on Saturday in the same time.