Looking for MB off-road buddies

MissAdventure
MissAdventure Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in MTB beginners
I am looking for a biking buddy or a group of mountain bikers who go out to ride on various off-road trails, as being female I find it hard to rope friends into coming with me! I am very keen to get into off-road mountain biking but would enjoy it more with the company of group or something. I am in West Bromwich (West Midlands). I go over Cannock Chase a few times in the summer but am happy to try new places. If anyone could let me know of any local groups that would be great! Thanks.

Comments

• Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    Before I commit, can you post a pic of yourself...?

I'm in the Highlands of Scotland but i'm willing to travel. 8)
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    I am looking for a biking buddy or a group of mountain bikers who go out to ride on various off-road trails, as being female I find it hard to rope friends into coming with me! I am very keen to get into off-road mountain biking but would enjoy it more with the company of group or something. I am in West Bromwich (West Midlands). I go over Cannock Chase a few times in the summer but am happy to try new places. If anyone could let me know of any local groups that would be great! Thanks.

Theres groups riding over Wyre Forrest alot, check out Wyre Forrest Mtb on Facebook. It's not local for you but it would be upto an hour away only. There is some cracking riding to be had at the Wyre. There are always females organising rides. :)
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • opm
    opm Posts: 62
    Hi Missadventure,

I regularly ride round cannock chase both the known routes as in FTD and monkey trail but also other off piste routes.

You are more then welcome to join me if you like on a ride.
  • Colinthecop
    She's not been online since 28th April - the day she posted this.

I can only guess she forgot she posted this and hasn't popped back to check out the replies or brucie45 has scared her off with his rather creepy forward approach....
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    @colinthecop, have you heard of the Nairn county cycling club by any chance
  • Colinthecop
    Yes, i've been out with them a few times. Learnie on the last outing.

At the moment they're a bit biased towards mountain biking rather than roads. Now that the weather is better that might change.

Usually meet at the bus garage on Sunday mornings. Plans are discussed on their Facebook page.
  • abarth_1200
    I wouldn't have said there biased toward mountain biking at all, the guy that runs it is doing road rides every day, I've not seen him on a mountain bike In months.

Pm doesn't work but I think we've met on a couple rides, I'm the guy with the brown Mondraker!
  • Colinthecop
    Really...? I must speak to Gordie about that, he never invites me. :cry:

But yes, this was our last outing...

10014647_10152121841589580_1944752098_n.jpg
  • abarth_1200
    Yeah man, before the sun started setting at 9pm.

He's always got a post on Facebook the night before, think he starts early doors.

But the mountain bike side of things, usually get a group together on a Sunday between me and Peter organising things. Your more than welcome. Has Peter got your number?