Recommended jacket and trousers

markis
markis Posts: 43
edited April 2014 in Commuting general
Can any one recommend a good jacket and trousers. At the moment I have a Berghaus Paclite which I have found to be really good, but I have lost a bit of weight so need a smaller jacket. I am looking for 3/4 length trousers but without padding inside and was looking at the Endura Humvee, but I'm not sure. I want something loose and comfortable and well made.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What usage for?
    9 months of the year I'm in a T-shirt (anything else is too hot) and I have an ultralightweight Howies windproof/water resistant for when it chucks it down, I still get wet, but less so and keep warm.
    Trousers - either padded shorts or baggies (I use baggies so as not to inflict a lycra clad self on workmates), anything else is too hot 11.5 months of the year.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • i have a set of the Singletrack 3/4s (and a pair of the trousers too) that have been performing very well on my commute. They are not too baggy and reach over my knees which helps a bit on the colder mornings. The pockets are handy for keys/passes etc and the thigh zips do actually work when i get warmed up.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I also ride in the single track 3/4 with cheap bibs underneath.

for proper winter riding I have a set of decathlon bib knickers as they have a fleece lining.

for rain I have a gore pacamac which is fine and very good at keeping me dry but no good for general riding as I'd get too sweaty.

For dry weather / light showers I alternate between an altura night vision and endura Mt 500 dependant on how cold it is
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6