Leicestershire - Cannock lift or share?

shmev
shmev Posts: 4
edited January 2016 in MTB rides
Hi guys,
Didn't know if anyone lived around west of Leicestershire ( Groby/ Ratby/ Kirby Muxloe/ LFE etc etc) , and went to Cannock Chase sometimes and fancied either meeting up for a ride or even needed a lift there and back etc?
As I go fairly often.
Or if anyone knows of any other good routes and centres around here like Cannock Chase? Cheers, kev

Comments

• 40ish
    40ish Posts: 31
    Hi Have you tried sherwood pines? Not too far from you and good fun!
    Went sat was a bit boggy but fine to ride
    Im from leicester and not been cannock yet as a newbie!
    Post next time you go and I will try meet you there,not the fittest but getting better!!
  • shmev
    shmev Posts: 4
    Hiya 40ish,
    Yes I've tried Sherwood a few times but I think I'm now spoilt as Cannock Chase makes Sherwood red route feel like a canal path :-)
    I think I'll be going next Monday daytime to Cannock as it's the bank holiday Monday if you're interested?
    Kev
  • 40ish
    40ish Posts: 31
    Hi kev thanks for the invite,not sure if I've got to work Monday yet,otherwise will give it a go been planning to go for while now!not the fittest or fastest but getting better!
    Heard there building trail at Mallory park which is just down the road from you,proberly flatter then pines but ok for a quick ride out,think it opens May?
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Im not from Leicester but wanna go up to cannick again when I get my new bike.. in a few weeks!! Pm me if you head up there again and ill meet you!! :)
  • also from Leicester but mostly ride at Sherwood pines with the Notts outlaws and Sherwood pines club, will be going cancock chase in the summer stay recovering from flying over my handle bars