Is this Wiggle's fault as well?

me-109
me-109 Posts: 1,915
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm get really really annoyed about this. For weeks I've been waiting - in fact I think this might stretch into months now - but I've not had a delivery. Worse still I've not had an email (or midnight text :wink: ) telling me that something has been dispatched. I built the summer bike up in the middle of March and that was the last time something new landed on the door - and that was from CRC. In fact, I think CRC are in on this as well.

I've not ordered anything! I think that's the online retailers' fault for not enticing me enough. Westbrooks managed to wave a frame in front of my eyes and got me to spend money I didn't have, so why can't the others? I don't mean any of this 'It's broken so I need to replace it' stuff, I mean the 'That's a bargain I can't resist' stuff.

Pfft! So, just Wiggle or an online conspiracy? Surely it can't be me?

Surely I don't need to add smilies to this?

Comments

  • 86inch
    86inch Posts: 161
    I suspect you're either: -
    a) Just not trying hard enough or
    b) Value your marriage too highly....

    :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,555
    I blame Wiggle. We sell parts for old cars and do a reasonable amount of mail order. Had a phone call from a woman at 11.30 on a Monday morning from someone that had placed an order on our website at 8.30 on the Friday night and they were chasing it up as they expected to receive it on Saturday. When I tried to explain that an order placed at that time on a Friday wouldn't be processed until the next working day, Monday, for delivery the following day they thought this was terrible service. Not happy with my response they called back later and complained to the manager.
    Whatever happened to "Please allow 28 days for delivery"?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I blame Wiggle. We sell parts for old cars and do a reasonable amount of mail order. Had a phone call from a woman at 11.30 on a Monday morning from someone that had placed an order on our website at 8.30 on the Friday night and they were chasing it up as they expected to receive it on Saturday. When I tried to explain that an order placed at that time on a Friday wouldn't be processed until the next working day, Monday, for delivery the following day they thought this was terrible service. Not happy with my response they called back later and complained to the manager.
    Whatever happened to "Please allow 28 days for delivery"?

    That's atrocious service, CRC would have had it to you by Monday, if they did jalopy parts :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,555
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I blame Wiggle. We sell parts for old cars and do a reasonable amount of mail order. Had a phone call from a woman at 11.30 on a Monday morning from someone that had placed an order on our website at 8.30 on the Friday night and they were chasing it up as they expected to receive it on Saturday. When I tried to explain that an order placed at that time on a Friday wouldn't be processed until the next working day, Monday, for delivery the following day they thought this was terrible service. Not happy with my response they called back later and complained to the manager.
    Whatever happened to "Please allow 28 days for delivery"?

    That's atrocious service, CRC would have had it to you by Monday, if they did jalopy parts :P
    That's all very well, but would they be able to get the wrong parts and damage them as well?
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    They'd send you all the right parts, just in the wrong order. :-)

    /misquote
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    I ordered some Haribos from Wiggle and they had the audacity to stick some pedals and handlebars in with the order!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,555
    Me-109 wrote:
    They'd send you all the right parts, just in the wrong order. :-)

    /misquote
    How are you supposed to fit them in the right order if they pack them in the wrong order? :?
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Me-109 wrote:
    They'd send you all the right parts, just in the wrong order. :-)

    /misquote
    How are you supposed to fit them in the right order if they pack them in the wrong order? :?
    They will get 'assistance' from the courier in delaying one or two packages, damaging some others and forcing to to reorder some. Not forgetting seeming to rifle their way through the packages they do deliver to see what tasty bits (and I don't mean Haribo) are inside.