Tour de Romandie 2014 "spoiler"

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Froome is being protected by exactly 0 team mates.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Martin is stringing them out serious amounts. Kwaitek comfortably 2nd wheel.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    From a PTP perspective have they seen off Kittel over the bumps or is he still there?
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Albasini wins
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    He's so good.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Albasini takes it again. Could take the yellow from Kwiato due to bonners.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    That swissy alabsini takes another win. No respect for that one. Kwaitek very nicely positioned. Froome did an excellent job - rode the pocket solo and even went for the win a little.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Froome top 10 in a bunch sprint?
  • above_the_cows
    B*gger Little Flower loses the jersey.

I don't like bonus seconds.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar wrote:
    Albasini wins

...and in yellow now due to bonus secs
  • above_the_cows
    Turfle wrote:
    Froome top 10 in a bunch sprint?

Yep 10th :D
  • dsoutar
    Top 10:
    Albasini
    Hurel
    Nizzolo
    Tsatevitch
    Kwiatowski
    Iglinsky
    Van Der Sande
    Navardauskas
    Wyss
    Froome
  • above_the_cows
    That was a little bit dull to be honest. Nice scenery though and I do like to see Kwiato going for a sprint.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,752
    That swissy alabsini takes another win. No respect for that one. Kwaitek very nicely positioned. Froome did an excellent job - rode the pocket solo and even went for the win a little.

What do you have against Albasini? I sort of understand most of your rider dislikes but I thought Albasini has a few long range victories to his name (I could be wrong, I usually am on provable things like this!)
  • frenchfighter
    Don't mind him and nothing against him. Whoever won that, well it would be the same, just a bunch sprint after riding wheels all day.

No desire in the peloton but then the parcours is pants.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited May 2014
    Zandio, Nieve and Lopez didnt manage to finish in the top group but were only 21 secs adrift.

The other Sky riders are not even within 5mins. Gruppetto riding continues.

Zero support for Froome in that fast and frantic finale.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Ah, right I thought you meant you had no respect for him rather than no respect for the winner of that stage.

My memory worked for a change, quite a decent win at the Tour de Suisse for him

http://www.scott-sports.com/se/sv/news/bike/Michael_Albasini_solos_to_Victory_in_Arosa/;jsessionid=7976180EFEAAFC563BD176D6D1DE0B7A
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah it was good.

-

6 OPQS in the top bunch and another at 8 secs.
    4 Saxo in the top bunch and another at 8 secs and another at 21 secs.
    4 Mov in the top bunch and another at 8 secs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Zandio, Nieve and Lopez didnt manage to finish in the top group but were only 21 secs adrift.

The other Sky riders are not even within 5mins. Gruppetto riding continues.

Zero support for Froome in that fast and frantic finale.

This is part of a cunning plan to combat accusations that they only win cos they have strong teams

Or something.

How they looking in the team classification, Frenchie?

*waits expectantly*
  • frenchfighter
    Porte, Sutton, Rowe and Earle roll in together at 8mins down. Out for a Sunday stroll.

I wonder what would have happened if Froome got distanced and there would be no one to help him back up. Lucky he is very strong and can do it himself. I would be super pissed if I was him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Morton last in for the second day in a row.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    It's almost like you don't understand cycling.
  • frenchfighter
    Mohoric DNS for some reason.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Porte, Sutton, Rowe and Earle roll in together at 8mins down. Out for a Sunday stroll.

I wonder what would have happened if Froome got distanced and there would be no one to help him back up. Lucky he is very strong and can do it himself. I would be super pissed if I was him.

He had 3 riders a few second behind who were probably right with him up until the final 3km. Judging by the group that fought out the finish it was a fairly tough stage so I doubt Sutton and Rowe would have been much use towards the end. Porte continues to be a worry though as he is going to be a key to Froome's Tour defence. Still plenty of time but he needs to start getting some form soon or Froome is going to have to speak nicely to Brad and ask him to go on a crash diet.
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:

He had 3 riders a few second behind who were probably right with him up until the final 3km. Judging by the group that fought out the finish it was a fairly tough stage so I doubt Sutton and Rowe would have been much use towards the end. Porte continues to be a worry though as he is going to be a key to Froome's Tour defence. Still plenty of time but he needs to start getting some form soon or Froome is going to have to speak nicely to Brad and ask him to go on a crash diet.

Porte should be the B rider.
    Rowe, Sutton, Earle are better riders to have in that situation then mountain domestiques.
    He was pretty isolated early on.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Pross wrote:

I admit to being worred about Richtea

At least there can be no doubt that him pulling out of the Giro was the right decision. If he were stil riding it.....*shudders*

I think Bradders weight is ticking down nicely. He already looked a tad lighter at Trentino than P-R, according to my beady eyes, and he continued training out in Mallorca straight from Trentino till a couple of days ago. Should be a tad lighter again in Californa where I shall be in the flesh and giving his weight and condition the once-over
  • Richmond Racer
    Pross wrote:

Porte should be the B rider.
    Rowe, Sutton, Earle are better riders to have in that situation then mountain domestiques.
    He was pretty isolated early on.

Earle's a climber, by the way. Winning on climbs is how he racked up so many wins in the NRS and Asian Tour. Early days for him in the World Tour, but once he's adjusted fully, he'll be more visible on the longer climbs.
  • frenchfighter
    Agreed and to be honest I wouldn't expect a neo pro to be doing the protecting job and being there right to the end. I have read the cycling anthology 3.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,165
    Agreed and to be honest I wouldn't expect a neo pro to be doing the protecting job and being there right to the end. I have read the cycling anthology 3.
    Earle's older than your usual neo pro though - 25.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,130
    dsoutar wrote:
    Why is it you never see Swiss wine in the UK - do they drink it all themselves ? There's hundreds of acres of vineyards, both here and also in the Rhone valley around Sion

The Swiss take pride in growing most of their food in their own country, and this includes wine, which is good stuff on the whole.