Garmin Connect keeps crashing when trying to save a route

dragonontheedge
dragonontheedge Posts: 496
edited April 2014 in Road general
I have just about had enough of this now.

I am trying to create a route in Garmin Connect. Having done the route I am naming it and hitting the 'save' button. Every single time I do this the website crashes and reverts to the log in page. After logging in the route is not there.

I tried doing it on the Mac and the PC at work and the result is the same.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong or is there a problem with the site ?

I am now seriously pissed off with this.
Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    ah that happened to me last week. Took me 30 mins to create this bloody route and it crashed. So I didnt bother again.

I like the things that garmin does - but their website is a bit pants.
  • cougie wrote:
    ah that happened to me last week. Took me 30 mins to create this bloody route and it crashed. So I didnt bother again.

I like the things that garmin does - but their website is a bit pants.

Thanks for that. You have confirmed that it is not just me so that is reassuring. I just won't bother which is a shame.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Al
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
  • i had the same problem but it seems to work better if you switch to modern
  • foiegras
    foiegras Posts: 18
    I had the same issue and I sent a report to Garmin - they claim they will come back to me in 3 days. So let's see if they do that.
  • Happended to me too both this morning and at lunch, but on the work computer.
    Will try again later.
    New Malden to Epsom Downs
    60 percent of the time, all of the time
    Wilier Triestina
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    Rose Xeon CW-3100 Di2
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    I don't use Connect for planning routes, Ride With GPS is far superior IMO even in the free version.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • Thanks for all your replies
  • rhysrolfe wrote:
    i had the same problem but it seems to work better if you switch to modern

Thanks for that. Tried it and wasted another 30 minutes i will never get back. What a crock of the Garmin site is. :(

Thanks anyway, it was worth a try. I have now tried to plot the route so many times I now frigging know it and don't need the route on the Garmin anymore.
  • foxydan
    foxydan Posts: 83
    handful wrote:
    I don't use Connect for planning routes, Ride With GPS is far superior IMO even in the free version.

Have to agree with this. It's what i use.
  • foxydan wrote:
    handful wrote:

Have to agree with this. It's what i use.

I have just signed up. My routes are already on there so it is just a case of playing with down loading them.

Thanks guys