Good cheap FS AM bikes?

n3xtgen
n3xtgen Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi!
I enjoying biking and have been riding a regular mountain bike with no shocks.
I need an upgrade and love to go offroad on challenging terrains, up/down hill. I was at a bike auction yesterday and there was a Diamondback XSL that went for $330 (it did need new disk breaks and maybe front shocks... good deal missed?)
I dont want a hardtail bike, but only a full suspension. Are there any good FS bikes that you can get for under $1000? (have not been able to find one yet. can be used)

If there are not any how about buying just the frame and the parts separately? How much would that cost me to build after ordering everything?

What are some good brands to buy?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Based on the $ you are presumably somewhere outside the UK. Would that be HK$, AUS$ or possibly even US$?
    This is a predominantly UK site, so unlikely to be much use.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • n3xtgen
    n3xtgen Posts: 3
    $1000 USD
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Very unlikely you will get a worthwhile full suspension for that money, based on UK prices you need at least $1300 even assuming you get there is s similar price conscious brand available in the US to the ones we can get here.

P.S. Disc, Brakes, and forks (not front shocks).....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.