Baggy short with fixed padding

hp1975
hp1975 Posts: 31
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Just looking for a baggy short that has the padding integrated into the short. I'm not so keen when the padding is a separate short. JUst personal preference. Altura used to do one but dont seem to anymore, tried all the usual sites but if anyone can recommend a short that meets the requirement I'd be grateful.

Ta.

Comments

• santahul
    santahul Posts: 91
    How do you mean seperate short? You mean the inner net lining?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'd try bib shorts under baggies before you give up completely, The Endura MTR range is very good IMO. I appreciate that has nt answered your question even a tiny bit though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • hp1975
    hp1975 Posts: 31
    Yup, dont want a liner. tried using a lycra short underneath but its just too warm in the summer. I've yet to find a liner short that doesnt move about and bunch up. Hey if they dont exist anymore thats fine, I'll make do but I cant believe no-one does and all in one anymore?
  • I'm with ddraver.
    As much as I didn't want to, I tried my first pair of bib shorts in the autumn and I'm a convert.
    I use them with my Altura Mayhems and they aren't too hot.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Bib shorts all the way.
  • Soggz
    Soggz Posts: 221
    I use Endura 500 padded shorts with a pair of Dickies £4.99 cargo shorts over them...The Enduras are close to £60.00,but really comfy and not hot once you get peddling...
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    I use Sugoi liners under my baggies. Pervy looking mesh things that I never overheat in and the pads have never moved or bunched for me.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    use liners and baggies, but I do have a pair of Madison shorts that have the padding built into an integral liner:

the older version of these I think: http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Madison-Trail-M ... _62345.htm
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Ive been using these over the winter and stood up to a fair bit of abuse, I d recomend them, for £15 a bargain!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MFX-Pure-Breed- ... ing+shorts
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Cheap Madsion shorts have a fixed lining I think & are reasonable. Bibs are better though.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • BigMitch41 wrote:
    Ive been using these over the winter and stood up to a fair bit of abuse, I d recomend them, for £15 a bargain!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MFX-Pure-Breed- ... ing+shorts

I bought a pair of these recently to commute in and I found them to be diabolical (I think the worst piece of kit I've ever bought)! The pad resides somewhere near my knees after I've been wearing them for a few minutes before I even get on the bike. This could mainly be because I'm a short4rse, or maybe poor QC where they're made. It's a pity because they look good on paper and they are, as you say, a bargain.

I bought a pair of Polaris baggies last year with a built-in liner with pad which I like. I think this is a link to them. They are only available in small at James but you might find them on the bay that is E in bigger sizes
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I have never had an issue with seperate inners and outers - good ones from Fox, pear isumi and altura. Used to have ones with integrated lining (Altura and that Kiwi company) but to be honest I prefer the seperate outers as I can use them without padding if I want.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • lusso progel bibshort and normal shorts.

fantastically comfy shorts! i have a pair of both and wear them under endura humvee shorts.

I could see padded baggy shorts just moving the padding around to different places under your arse