Any suggestions on a 29er for around £2k?

JoeThomas1
JoeThomas1 Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hey, i've recently sold my motocross bike and i'm looking at getting back into mountain biking/downhill. I've been searching for quite a while and seen multiple bikes that look like the have good spec but i cant make my mind up on which one to buy. I like the look of the Canyon Spectral AL 29er at the moment as it is quite cheap when you consider the parts that are on it.
I would mostly like to do downhill trails, not like the full on extreme trails you see on the telly but things like this: http://www.mtb-downhill.net/wp-content/ ... -trail.jpg

I wouldn't mind having a downhill bike but they're obviously not good for biking uphill and i wouldn't say they're good for nipping to the shop and back either, however i wouldn't totally rule out of the option of having one if the spec was good for the money.

Ideally i would like a bike that is good for downhill trails but also isn't too bad to ride uphill. My budget is £2000 but i could maybe push it out a bit, maybe to £2150 max.

I don't want to be buying any bikes second hand bikes as i've always had problems with the ones i have bought
Thanks
-Joe

Comments