What are the best ones sub £50?

Cheers.

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    rdent wrote:
    What are the best ones sub £50?

Cheers.
    Ones in a sales somewhere. Try dhb on wiggle theyre normally reasonable priced
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Just got myself a cheap pair of bibs from Rose bikes.
    They are surprisingly good and the pad is comfortable too.
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose ... aid:561021
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Bought a pair of these recently and have found them to be surprisingly good after a couple of rides, I'd say they're on a par with the much more expensive Nalini shorts I own. Only bought them to go with my orange team kit! http://www.merlincycles.com/etxeondo-pr ... 69274.html
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago, and despite lots of other recommendations, the overwhelming consensus seemed to be that the Exteonto shorts at Merlin (Dicolor, Press, Orhi etc) were simply superb for the money. Lots of people putting them on a par with the big names. Got a pair of the Dicolor for my son and I have to say they look/feel as good as I was led to believe.
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Got a couple of Exteonto for merlin a few weeks ago, went with the discolor and would recommend. Top bibs with 50% off.
  • I can only speak from experience but my Altura gel bib shorts have served me well so far.
  • jasondxb
    jasondxb Posts: 59
    JackPozzi wrote:
    Bought a pair of these recently and have found them to be surprisingly good after a couple of rides, I'd say they're on a par with the much more expensive Nalini shorts I own. Only bought them to go with my orange team kit! http://www.merlincycles.com/etxeondo-pr ... 69274.html

What do the sizes come out like ?
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    jasondxb wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:

What do the sizes come out like ?

I ordered based on the guide on the etxeondo site and was happy with the fit.

http://www.etxeondo.com/etxeondo/de/tal ... esion=1347
  • DHB ones are perfectly good. I'm sure Assos ones are nicer and you get crash repair service, but DHB is more than adequate.
  • Etxeondo from Merlin.
    They are a steal at the price.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I usually buy two or three pairs of DHB Aeron race in the spring and they're worn out by the autumn, I'd buy a couple of pairs or Assos but I'd worry that they'd be toast by the Autumn and that'd be £250 down the pan
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    +1 for the DHB bibs. Even with my a$$ :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • rdent
    rdent Posts: 49
    Has anyone had any use of the Biemme bibshorts on Planet X? They're a bargain it would seem. Could be too good to be true.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I've got on well with the DBH Aeron range got them on sale. And have since bought some full price
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • jasondxb
    jasondxb Posts: 59
    rdent wrote:
    Has anyone had any use of the Biemme bibshorts on Planet X? They're a bargain it would seem. Could be too good to be true.

I bought a couple of pairs of these when I purchased my bike, had them about 2 months and doing about 100k a week now

I have no problem with them being in the saddle for 2 hours, I can only compare them to the Scott pair I have. My personal opinion is the PX shorts are more comftable

From memory I paid Gbp8 for them, hops that helps
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Bozman wrote:
    I usually buy two or three pairs of DHB Aeron race in the spring and they're worn out by the autumn, I'd buy a couple of pairs or Assos but I'd worry that they'd be toast by the Autumn and that'd be £250 down the pan

If you look after them, the assos should last years, not six months! Had my oldest pair for 2 years now and still look and feel new
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • Apollonius
    Apollonius Posts: 13
    Thanks for the recommendation on the Exteondos (sp?). Just arrived and they seem superb. I am 1.82, 97kg and ordered the XXL. They fit fine. A very nice quality garment. I'd try them out if it wasn't pouring.

:D
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I see you've bought some, but I've just ordered my second pair of Endura shorts, really fit well and comfy.

It's just a hill. Get over it.