Your thoughts on this one?

nigelgos
nigelgos Posts: 128
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-xeon-crs-2000-ltd

It seems a lot of bike for your money (~£1160 -). The model up is ~£1700 and comes with an Ultegra 6800 groupset over a 105 5700. Thats not £540 more bike imo. Though the quoted 6.85 kg/7.55kg can't just be the groupset difference can it?

Any other recommendations around this price mark? I've been looking at Ribble 872/Canyon/PlanetX too.

Comments

• string78
    string78 Posts: 59
    This is the 2013 model (exactly the same as the 2014 frame apart from Matt finish instead of Gloss).

In terms of weight, the CRS 3000 has a better wheelset and finishing kit. Mine comes in at 7.4kg including two bottle holders, pedals and Garmin / Mount.

It's certainly a good bike and I'm sure you will be more than happy if you go for it.
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    That's the bike I have. When I ordered just before Xmas I got a random extra 10% off that I only knew about when they took my payment, so I got in at under £1100 including delivery. For that sort of money I don't think there's a better bike on the market. It's the same frame as per all the other CRS/CSL models. 105 works just fine (and I certainly couldn't justify spending almost £600 on upgrading to ultegra) and the RS1400s are a great wheelset that retails at £450 on their own. If you can get one in your size it's a bargain.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Buy it.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    In operation I don't think theres much difference in 105 and ultegra. Looks good anyway.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.