Scott Scale 630 or Cannondale Flash Alloy 1

Howsa
Howsa Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
After a bit of advice. Looking at Scott Scale 630 with carbon frame & Cannondale Flash Alloy 1. Cant find many reviews on these bikes. Any advice welcome. Looking to ride recreationally off road and no racing.
What are people thoughts on these bikes? Can get them both around the £1k mark so look like bargains??

Cheers

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Post links to the bikes.
  • mcnultycop
    How much are they asking for each of them?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Howsa wrote:
    Can get them both around the £1k mark so look like bargains??

Cheers
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mcnultycop
    'Doh. I was half asleep last night.

I'd happily get the Scott for a grand, I've never ridden a lefty so wouldn't comment but people I know with them love them.
  • Howsa
    Howsa Posts: 4
    must admit its the Scott im favouring.
    seems to have good spec, although the cannondale does have the X9 shifters instead of X7
  • Just bought a Scale 630 for just over a grand from Ukbikesdepot (or Cyclegear in Halifax). Great spec for the cash. I just wanted another hardtail to complement my Zesty after selling my Whyte 810. Fairly steep head angle so you`re more on top of the bike. Very stiff frame but rides like only carbon does really - very forgiving! Accelerates very well, picks up speed very rapidly due in part to the very low weight and light, responsive wheelset.

Have taken it around both blue and red routes at Haldon and a couple of quick blasts up the Quantocks. All in all I am very pleased. It`s a £2k bike when all`s said and done so you can only really go wrong with regards to geometry to be honest. It`s certainly no slacker but if you want a race hardtail weighing just over 10kg and the geometry suits then look no further :D
    2017 YT Jeffsy 27 AL Comp
    2016 Specialized Allez Elite DSW
    2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport Compact