Look 695 Aerolight Pro Team.... any lucky git?

Pedro77
Pedro77 Posts: 59
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Probably old news but was surfing the web and came across this bike... What a piece!!! I have look pedals but never really cared much about their bikes and never seen any of them around.

Is Look bikes a dying brand? Are they bikes actually any good? I think the bike above looks amazing, the hidden front brake calliper looks smart. Anyone out there with a Look bike? What are they like?

Pedro

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    My mate has a similar one, and even his LBS cannot get the play out of the unusually designed headset.

I have a nice Look top for sale in the classifieds!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Look bikes are fantastic!
    My first carbon bike was a look, it was ace.
    They are a top manuf.

Here's mine from a few years ago-

LookThoorkThomson.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Pedro77
    Wow Nap! That looks fantastic!! Very nice... I am just a beginner, will work my way up on the bike ladder..lol. Got a nice wilier GTR in matt black and red but nothing very special... In a few years we will see what I will get... Maybe a De Rosa SuperKing... Look out of my reach for now... Forget my legs, they are ridiculous... Lol, call me a poser by wanting nice stuff that I could never take full advantage of..

Pedro
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Pedro77 wrote:

Is Look bikes a dying brand?

I'd say they were growing, personally.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I have a Look 675 that I purchased last November and it's a stunning ride.
  • Pedro77
    Nice... Well sure will be adding Look to my short list of bikes I want for the future. Any ideas on how to convince the missus one bike is not enough and perhaps 3-4 is a healthier number? Eheh
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I love mine!

It's getting a few upgrades but I'll never sell it.

DSCF1218ed1sm.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I've got a Look 585 ultra that has stayed and has been upgraded over the years while other bikes have been sold on because they just don't match up.
    I would describe it as sublime and if it does fail it will be replaced by another Look.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    Look bikes are lovely!
    I was drooling over them all in Mud Dock in Bristol over Christmas, stunning bikes, but sadly out of my price range :(:(:(
  • Pedro77
    That's what I thought and as they seem to be somewhat of a rare sight I put up this thread to try to know more about them. Seems so far it is a good frame and good manufacturer if a bit pricey. Is it a bit like BMC? I know we can get amazing bikes from more main stream manufacturers but I like the middle ground... Off course bespoke custom builds being the ultimate but these slightly less volume manufacturers are interesting. I really have a few favourites such as Wilier, De Rosa, BMC, Look. Funny enough, Colnago... Not so much...

Pedro
  • paul1000
    paul1000 Posts: 190
    Look bikes are lovely, I wanted to build something special as well, ended up with a 888 superking with 9000 dura ace, dura ace 9000, fulcrum zeros and k force bars and stem, love it
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    best bikes out there, and more popular than ever, the 585 and 595 are classics and these are the 2 I have :D Look are a bit left of center but I love em!
  • Pedro77
    Paul... the 888 superking is one of my favourites frames... jealous! ! I probably would go for campy record but lovely regardless!!

Any pic?
    Pedro
  • paul1000
    I would but it says the file is too large :-(
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Paul1000 wrote:
    I would but it says the file is too large :-(

Try this... http://pixlr.com/editor/ it's like an online version of photoshop

You can load your image, then go to Image > Image Size, then reduce it down to something like 800 pixels wide and save it as a jpeg, then try posting it.
  • paul1000
    Here she is...
  • paul1000
    Ha ha looks a bit odd, the photo editor flipped it around :-)