Mudguards for Caad 8

Davdandy
Davdandy Posts: 571
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I am looking at getting a set of mudguards for some sportives and wet weatehr rides for my Cannondale.What i would like to know is firstly,what kind of mudguards fit the Caad but most importantly which are the easiest and quickest to fit.I know they are not rocket science but i hate using them but know i need them in such occasions.

I would like a set that are incredibly easy to put on and remove without fiddly bits of cables or ties,or am i asking for too much?
Cannondale CAAD 8 105
Rockrider 8.1

Comments

• 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    I've been using Cruds on my CAAD10 (23mm tyres) and also on my Synapse (25mm tyres) without any major issues.

I've just checked and to expedite fitting, you could just use the guard parts that sit to the rear of the calipers. That would mean two zip ties , eight elastic bands and a few minutes work for both ends.

HTH
  • Davdandy
    I have been told about Cruds and also the Raceblades,My front tyre is a 23 while the rear is a 25,if that matters by the way.
    Could they be attached by a bracket that would simply mean you could attach the guard with a simple clip-in?

Like i said,i know it isn't that hard to fit but to put them on then off,then on then off can get tediously off putting cant it?
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    That's about as easy as I can make it, unless someone else has another idea.
  • Davdandy
    I have just been looking at these.

Bontrager Interchange Nebula

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bon ... d-ec036140

They seem simple and easy to fit but has anyone used these or indeed got them on now?

Looking at a few reviews they seem ok but would welcome any info from you good people.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1