Wheel upgrade?

edfabre
edfabre Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Currently have a Specialized Allez Sport 2013 with the Axis Classic wheels, need some advice on what to upgrade them to as I've read they aren't great wheels to keep on,

thanks

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'd use the search function on here as this is a question that gets asked every day :wink:

If you do want anyone to offer any more helpful advice then you'll need to give a bit more info.....type of riding, budget, your weight etc etc.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • edfabre
    edfabre Posts: 6
    okay haha, i weigh around 70kg and will be for sportives mainly as i'll use the stock wheels for commuting most likely.
    although i do want to do lands end to john o groats next summer and potential cycle through france/spain
    budget is max of £400 absoloute max really
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Get yourself some hand builts, loads of good wheel builders about who can build you a decent wheelset to your exact requirements.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    arran77 wrote:
    Get yourself some hand builts, loads of good wheel builders about who can build you a decent wheelset to your exact requirements.

That.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • You'll get a pretty good H Plus Son Archetype build for £400. Mine were £300 with Ambrosio hubs and Sapim spokes, and are awesome.