Any experience with BMC SLR02?

iron-clover
iron-clover Posts: 737
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm aiming to buy my first 'summer bike' that will ideally be used mainly for racing on large open road courses as well as hillclimbs and some 'fair weather' use. I've had my Trek 1.1 for nearly 4 years now and although I do love it dearly and hasn't let me down, I'd like to think that I'll see the benefit of a nicer machine (I'm around 67kg and fairly quick- although hills and endurance are my best areas).

I'm drawn to the BMC for its light frame that can be upgraded easily over time, and also the apparently racy geometry and stiffness but forgiving ride as reported int the bike of the year tests. I'm also starting to be won over by it's unusual frame shape- it looks like a modern 'engineered' frame.
The other one I was thinking of was the Canyon ultimate AL (it won't shatter in a crash) and also the Cervelo R3- but the new 'future-proof' frame is out of my price range.

Obviously the best way to find out is to sling a leg over one, but has anyone had any experience with it? I can find a few magazine reviews but not much from ordinary mortals as it's a fairly new model. If you have one, how do you find it compares with some of the other bikes you've ridden?

Many thanks!
Sam