Ksyrium Elite S - keep or sell?

nammynake
nammynake Posts: 196
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I have ordered a Canyon CF SL which comes with Ksyrium Elite S wheels. They seem to be rated highly (for a factory wheel) but should I be considering something else which is "better", either hand built or factory? I should get a decent price if I sell them unused, and could top up the proceeds to buy something else.

I intentionally used "better" as I guess that is subjective. My riding is the typical long and hilly weekend rides with the occasional sportive. I'm 65kg so don't need bombproof wheels. I've heard good things
about the new wide rims and their better ride comfort.

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Keep 'em. They are good wheels. I managed to get two years trouble free usage before the rims are now worn out. If I had the cash then I'd definitely consider a repeat purchase.

Use them as a stop gap perhaps until you save for something more special? You can then keep the Elites as a training/dirty weather wheel.

Failing that, they won't hang around long if you stick 'em in the classifieds.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • I bought a CF SL with Elite S on, I sold them before riding the bike and put Fulcrum Zeros on it.

I have used Elites on another bike and they have served me very well I just fancied some thing different and a bit lighter for the Cayon.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    For your riding uses, the Elites will be excellent.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I ride them on two of my bikes and I like them. I would keep them.
  • pearceygy
    pearceygy Posts: 56
    I think these wheels feel very harsh to ride and they don't roll particularly great, but yes they are bombproof I've had mine just over a year and used them all through winter, I've hit loads of pot hills and even had a fall and the wheels are as true as the day I got them.
    I'm now looking for an upgrade and I'm considering the fulcrums racing zero/ reynolds assault/ attack.